Morso

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill

Minister of Fire
Mar 2, 2007
South Western Wisconsin
Took a few pictures of the secondary burn. The flames would puff to the secondary plate, light it up, and then go out and light again. It was like watching an electrical storm in the sky.

Attachments

• wood1 014 (600 x 450).jpg
    wood1 014 (600 x 450).jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 651
Cool! I can't wait to see that on my Jotul (I probably won't see this during break-in, will I?)

Just curious Zamboni; does your F3CB have a one-piece secondary plate, or multiple sec. burn tubes?

(disgusing my voice as zamboni)

The F3 has a stainless sheet baffle with two rows of secondary air inlet holes in it. The most entertaining Jotul is the F100. Winter before last I came down to the office and the cast iron baffle was laying flat on top of the remains of the fire.

Crap, that puts a "damper" on things,doesn't it?

BB nailed it with the first sentence. He loses me on the 2nd sentence as I don't have a basement (but wish I did)

I have a series of pictures but it wouldn't let me post them last night, I'll try now, hope it works.

Attachments

• wood1 015 (600 x 450).jpg
    wood1 015 (600 x 450).jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 539
Love the blue flames. Did you know you can put multiple images in one post? Just click on the Preview button instead of the Submit button and each image will be uploaded and cleared for the next. I think you can put something like 4 images in one post this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.