Morsoe Coal stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wg_bent

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Poughkeepsie, NY
Anyone out there got a Morso 1410?

My wife likes our Osburn so well, she wants another stove in the downstairs room. Problem is the room is small, and only the small stoves like a VC Aspen, Jotul 602, or Morso 1410 would not over heat the room. Problem is burn times on those stoves would have me restarting fires all the time. I was thinking the 1410 coal version might burn overnight.

Anyone? Other options ya all can think of?

The room is about 15x20 with a 8x10 office off that. Stairs going up into the kitchen. Some heat would come up stairs and I could envision that stove being the one that stays lit on mild days instead of having the Osburn loafing along and overheating the house in the process like it did today. (At 40 degrees, It's 85 in the house with a log being tossed in once every few hours)

warrem I have a simmilar setup with the stairs from the kitchen.
But look at it different way. I figure that hot air rised and if my upstairs familly room is warmer than down stairs kitchen area
The heat from that area does not rise. Hence that down stairs heat has to rise into my bedroom area. or the second stove a VC Intrepid II produces enought heat it effectively shuts down that heat zone requirements. I like the VC Intrepid II cat stove because once the cat is engaged It does burn longer and less refueling even with the smaller fire box and keeps burnig around 400 to 450 at least 6 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.