Most distance you have traveled to pick up a stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coldkiwi

Burning Hunk
May 2, 2012
Socal
Hi all I found a killer deal on a lopi freedom to replace my lopi revere.Close stoves I know but with a bigger firebox figured it was worth it.Going to drive 4 1-2 hours to pick it up.Whats the longest distance you have traveled to get a stove

I drove to southern Virginia to get the Mansfield. Got a killer price for a 2 yearold stove, on the dreaded craigslist, worked in a weekend with my brother in North Carolina. If I had just driven to the stove pickup, would have been 6 hours each way. MSRP on the stove was $3400, paid less than 1/2 of that, did use about $140 worth of gas.

Reactions: PA Fire Bug
Traveled about 115miles and 3 hrs to get the T6 from Tom's shop. And it was snowing by the time I got up north! Fortunately all went well and I got to meet Tom and crew!

Hi all I found a killer deal on a lopi freedom to replace my lopi revere.Close stoves I know but with a bigger firebox figured it was worth it.Going to drive 4 1-2 hours to pick it up.Whats the longest distance you have traveled to get a stove
Wow you must be a devoted Lopi user to drive 4 1/2 hours to pick up another one.

15 miles for my Jumbo Moe, Country Canyon delivered.

3 guys drove 120 miles to buy the Moe. Wrestling the 500lbs on the trailer and securing was the fun part(for them)

I suspect I have the record. Drove to Traverse City, Michigan and then back to our winter home in Ann Arbor in order to pick up a used Jotul 3. Then, delivered the stove to our summer home in Newfoundland. I figure the total distance at a little under 3,000 miles.

ChipTam

Reactions: Bub381
Had the first 30-NC shipped 1149 miles to me and then drove three hours each way to the factory to get the replacement. <>

30 minutes each way.

Vigilant: 30 minutes each way.
Intrepid: 1 hour 50 minutes each way.
Heritage: 6 hours each way.
Encore: 3.5 hours each way.
Defiant: 4.5 each way in a really bad snow storm.
30NC: Delivered to my front door.

That's just over 32.5 hours of driving to pick up stoves.

Westchester NY to Woodstock in NH and back. About 250 miles each way. We made a little vacation out of it and stayed 2 nights in Quichee, VT.

Not very far. The Buck - an hour one way. The Hampton - 15 minutes one way. This is Amish Country and their are a lot of dealers close by.

Vigilant: 30 minutes each way.
Intrepid: 1 hour 50 minutes each way.
Heritage: 6 hours each way.
Encore: 3.5 hours each way.
Defiant: 4.5 each way in a really bad snow storm.

You also wrote about driving out to the Midwest to look at Jotul Firelight 12's.

You also wrote about driving out to the Midwest to look at Jotul Firelight 12's.
No, never drove out to see one. But I did make several calls.

I did forget the 2 hour trip, each way, for the Mansfield that the owner had beaten with a sledgehammer.

About 2 hours in a snow storm after a 12 hour night shift.

I have bought most of my stoves new here in town, or have been haul off's from work that I refurbished. But, once I drove 30 minutes to get this Jotul! What a sweet heart!

Attachments

• IMG_0574.JPG
    IMG_0574.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 194
5hrs round trip with a 3 year old and 20 month old! So it felt like 10. Saved $800 before gas cost.

Not very far. The Buck - an hour one way. The Hampton - 15 minutes one way. This is Amish Country and their are a lot of dealers close by.
+1 on Amish country about an hr away for me, (my past 2 stoves that is) they wheel & deal too, was well worth the drive.

Reactions: tfdchief
I drove 1.5 hours to pick up an Avalon Olympic only to find out it was a 797. Offered the guy $75 after explaining to him what it was and how he was confused. Took the stove home and cleaned it up made it look like new when I was done. Sold it for $400 made a decent profit and spent it on my current 1197. I think it only cost me $50 to buy the 1197 after counting the money from the 797. If I had the money I would take a road trip to buy a Princess, I hear they are cheaper out west.

I haven't had to drive more than 45 minutes one way but I hauled the first two stoves in a Dodge Caravan. My wife was worried about the weight of the cast iron VC coal stove. I explained that it weighed no more than three large adults. I finally got smart on the third stove and borrowed a pick up.

Drove to Connecticut with my oldest son for my first one, a VC Intrepid we had a blast and stove served me well, had T5 delivered to the house and its the best stove i ever owned. love it Conn drive was about 5 hours i think

Drove from Portland ore to northern calif on the coast for my summit. Allday there and back. May have paid too much at 700.00, but I really like the stove. Brick and door gasket, plus fix the ebt mechansim, paint with a new stand I built. Gold door and no warpage. Realized that those long road trips are hard on me now. Oh well!! Tim

oh yea, photo

Attachments

• DSC00179.JPG
    DSC00179.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 190
Status
Not open for further replies.