Most efficient way to use a heat pump?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely look into that. You may want to look up the installer manual for your thermostat, too, to help make sure it's configured correctly.

If you've got a two-stage heat pump and the thermostat is never calling on the second stage, you definitely won't be getting maximum benefit from it.

Reactions: Highbeam
Turns out that it is a 2 stage unit. I reconfigured the T-stat. Comparing some stats from last year to this year, looks like in the 20's the difference is pretty significant. I'm getting about 0.1 hours/degree day runtime this year, compared to > 0.2 hours/degree last year. I also insulated the attic, so I'm hoping that's contributing more. Stupid confounding variables.

Reactions: iamlucky13
Status
Not open for further replies.