Most effiecient non-gasification boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not only look at cost of the unit but also at the amount of wood that you will have to feed it. I installed an e-classic this year and I am heating my house and an outbuilding and I would say I have used less than half of the wood that one of my neighbors has burned with his regular classic and he's only heating his house.

OK, let me give this a try for you. I have seen a lot of names posted up here, I have only used one and that is the BIASI. Yes it does produce a lot of creosote. All that aside I am very happy with the performance, its cast iron, and simple to operate. I wanted something with a quick payback & I think this one has it. I operate the 104K BTU unit which is sized under my oil furnace. The BIASI does produce more than enough heat/ hot water. This past week when temps were -10 degrees with out wind chill it handled it no problem. I was happy. Seems to operate best when outside temps are about 20 degrees and lower. I can't comment on the efficiency, although the fire does run out more quickly than the gasif. units. The hookup to my existing oil burner was simple and not very expensive. I burn the bIASI primary & have my oil burner on standby if fire runs out and water temps fall below my set point. I think my total cost for unit & install was about $4,200. I have heard that there was a price increase this fall....Hope this helps.

88rxn/a said:
Eric Johnson said:
I put mine on a credit card, but paid it off pretty quick as soon as the heating season started and I began to get $150 utility bills instead of $800. That, and my wife called me a genius, which is the first and probably the last time that ever happens. She likes a warm house and hates utility bills. Bingo!

HA! if the "BOSS" AKA, wife, calls me a genius when my setup is online and saving money....

lets just say she's skeptical right now...

'asked my wife if she'd say I was a genius for putting in a gas'r. She said, "dream on".

Status
Not open for further replies.