Most realistic looking Vented Gas Logs?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mchristo

Jun 16, 2009
Tuftonboro, NH
We would like to have vented gas log set in fireplace. I've seen a few that look very real while out and about. I went to a dealership and looked at their offereings. they all seemed pretty fake looking (the logs, I mean) The flame looked good on all the different manufacturers, but the logs didnt look as real as I had hoped.

What company makes the most realistic logs for Vented Gas logs? .

the fireplace is a real fireplace capable of buring wood. The hearth box is 36" wide and stays pretty wide as it gets deeper into the firebox.

thanks!

Living in New Hampshire, you'd be better off with an insert that will heat your house. A vented gas log set will send all your fuel dollars right up your chimney.
A DV gas insert can be used as a single room heater, or worst case will heat a portion of your home in a power outage. That being said, I always liked the looks of the Petersen Logs Sets:
http://www.petersonfirelogs.com/default.asp
YMMV...

Status
Not open for further replies.