Mother catbird's little blue eggs are growing up!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quads

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Central Sands, Wisconsin
IMG_8210%20(800x449).jpg

Another set of fawn twins. These two are smaller than the ones I photographed a couple weeks ago.
IMG_8227%20(800x448).jpg

IMG_8252%20(800x450).jpg

Of course, out of all the woods in which to cut, I picked a clearing on a bright sunny summer day!
IMG_8218%20(800x449).jpg

I may have cut in the sun, but I stacked in the shade! Ha ha!
IMG_8223%20(800x449).jpg

And a short video of the happy fawns, one showing off his dancing skills to the other:

Great pictures quads, I'm still waiting for the fawns to show up nothing yet. Also quads I put a picture up of a wildflower can you take a look and see if you can tell what it is.

Zap

Ahhh....to be young and care free again.

Great pics Quads.

Had a big 'ol gurl to the side of the yard last night. No pics to prove it, but he/she didn't seem too spooked by the mower. Just wandered off.

zapny said:
Great pictures quads, I'm still waiting for the fawns to show up nothing yet. Also quads I put a picture up of a wildflower can you take a look and see if you can tell what it is.

Zap
I looked at it but didn't recognize it immediately. Somebody answered that it could be chicory, but it doesn't look like chicory to me. Mom used to make tea from chicory when we were kids. I'll research it a little and see what I can find.

Gotta love pics of baby animals . . . always cute.

firefighterjake said:

You ever see baby turkeys?? They ain't cute.

Jags said:
firefighterjake said:

Funny you should mention them . . . saw a bunch just yesterday and I kind of thought they were cute . . . in a cute-ugly way.

I was driving up north and there was a Momma turkey and a whole bunch of baby turkeys in the road . . . I stepped on the brakes and was yelling as loud as I could (as if they could hear me and understand English), "Get outta the road! Move it! Move it!" and they were just sitting there until the last possible moment when they all took to flight and I narrowly avoided hitting a single bird.

firefighterjake said:
Jags said:
firefighterjake said:

Funny you should mention them . . . saw a bunch just yesterday and I kind of thought they were cute . . . in a cute-ugly way.

I was driving up north and there was a Momma turkey and a whole bunch of baby turkeys in the road . . . I stepped on the brakes and was yelling as loud as I could (as if they could hear me and understand English), "Get outta the road! Move it! Move it!" and they were just sitting there until the last possible moment when they all took to flight and I narrowly avoided hitting a single bird.
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/56398/

Status
Not open for further replies.