Mother nature gets revenge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Wolf

Minister of Fire
Jun 13, 2008
Eastern CT
The other day I get a call at work from the wife that a big oak (18”) in the woods just behind the house came down for no apparent reason and crushed my canoe. I suppose its retribution for all of the trees I've taken down over the years. Turns out it was rotted about 8 feet up but you couldn’t tell from the outside.
It actually destroyed my canoe, crushed a '73 Land Rover truck bed I was saving for restoration, a roof rack and pretty much flattened my chicken coop.
They originally said they would pay for removal, but then said since it didn't hit the house I was on my own. Which is too bad since the quote came in at $800 and it would apply toward the deductable.
So now I’m putting together a personal property claim, hoping I can get it above the $1000 deductable.
Oh well at least I’ll get a cord of wood out of it.

Reactions: Fred Wright
Happened to me last year.
IMG_0732.JPG
IMG_0741.JPG
IMG_0739.JPG
Insurance company totaled it. We kept it and took the money minus "salvage value".

Reactions: Beer Belly
Sandy took down anything with ants in it on my old place:

DSC01721.JPG DSC01718.JPG

That stinks! Sorry to hear that

Status
Not open for further replies.