"MOTORIZED" WAGON

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 20, 2007
North Jersey Sticks
Hello all. It's been a while since my last post, thought I would show a couple of pics of my summer project. I process my wood aprox. 12ft. below backyard level down in the woods. I store the wood in an open shed next to the house, so getting the wood from the splitter to the shed is chore. In search of finding a better method than the wheel barrow, I came across the DR POWERWAGON. At almost $2000, that was not an option. So I brainstormed, and this is what I came up with. I used it after work yesterday to move a cord, and boy did it perform flawlessly. The total $ spent on the project was $225, well worth it!!!

Attachments

• ebay pics 536 1200x800.jpg
    ebay pics 536 1200x800.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 1,384
  • ebay pics 529 1000x700.jpg
    ebay pics 529 1000x700.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 985
Wow nice job...wish I was that handy.

I agree, nice job.

Give us more details, how did you make the drive system? Does the box dump? What type frame was used or made?

ONG you mounted the rear of a snowblower to a wagon!!! That is pretty smart. Now just add a sulky and you can sit and stear!!!

Yep, I used the back half of a 5hp snowblower that I purchased on ebay for $25 + $100 to ship it. I then built the framework using 1 1/2 angle, and used 10" swivel casters. The wooden sides are pinned to the floor so they can be removed and the wagon can be used as a flatbed. The box is 2ft. wide and 3ft. long by 15" deep.

Attachments

• ebay pics 525 1000x700.jpg
    ebay pics 525 1000x700.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 661
very clever...did you save the sno blower part so you can convert back for the winter?

mike

It didn't have the rest of the machine, thats why it was so cheap. when I thought of the idea I went on ebay to find an older cheap used one, and then I found this. It was only used twice and the blades were damaged by something.

stop drop & roll said:
The wooden sides are pinned to the floor so they can be removed and the wagon can be used as a flatbed.

that's a great idea, nicely done!! The only draw back I see is all those nuts sticking up, do you lay a piece of plywood over that to use as a flatbed? you could of welded the angle braces and casters in instead of bolting them, like you did the 45 degree cuts on the frame. But that is just me, I think that is a awesome concept great job!

Super idea and implementation of it. This should serve you well in your efforts to transport the wood from processing spot to shed.

I used 3/4 plywood for the floor and drilled 1" holes (not all the way through) to match up with the bolts so the plywood would fit flush. I dont weld, so I had to get a buddy to do the bed 45* for me. I also thought it would be easier lining everything up with the bolts.

I bet I see them at Harbor Freight in a year, 18 months tops. :lol:

Nice work guy.

Heh, my first "go-kart" was an old (i'm guessing early 60's) rototiller with the tines taken off and a frame added to the front end (can you believe i hadda rap a cord with a not around the crank????)....but they didn't have TSC's back in those days.......

VERY nice looking cart. Good on ya!!!.

Stop, Drop and Roll,

VERY nice!!! Well done!

And now I know what to do with the 1967 6hp Airens snowblower with the bad auger drive....

I like how "finished" you made it--as was noted, it looks like it could have been advertised in one of the tool catalogues.

Status
Not open for further replies.