Mount Vernon AE - Loud air noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dsnedegar3

Jul 4, 2008
Southern Connecticut
I've had my Mount Vernon AE for about a week now and really like it. I have a question though. During start up after the stove has been shut down, it will make a loud vibration like blowing over a bottle. It eventually goes away after the fan cycles down, but sounds like a freight train for a short period of time. I noticed people had this problem with older Mount Vernons ... any fixes anybody is aware of?

Thanks!

Try turning your flame height down in the user settings.

yes try lower the flame height if you are on the hardwood setting i have found it will go away at -3 setting also check and make sure that the air diverter plate behind the ash pan is not blocked

Our Santa Fe will make the same noise if I skip the daily dump of the burn pot. My theory is that a few of the holes in burn pot are getting plugged with ash or a clinker restricting the air flow. Dump the burn pot and make sure the holes are clear.

The Quadra-Fires will do that on start up sometimes. The flames get higher on start up and all will settle down to normal after it is warmed up.

It is the flames circulating above the top plate and around the heat exchanger tubes from my observations the Sante Fe.

It is not a safety concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.