Mount Vernon AE -- OAK Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dsnedegar3

Jul 4, 2008
Southern Connecticut
I'm on my third year with my Mount Vernon AE insert and have been very happy with the stove, but am thinking to myself that and adding an OAK may optimize the performance. My house is only 10 years old and has 2x6 insulation, but I recently noticed that when the stove is really cranking, that it is pulling a lot of air from outside the house (happened to be standing next to the front door one day and couldn't believe the cold air being sucked in). I'm constantly noticing a cold draft when the stove is on medium or medium high, and really think an OAK would solve the draft problem. When I check with my dealer recently, I was told there was no kit from quadrafire for the chimney cap to support he OAK running up to the chimney.

Just curious -- does anyone have this setup? What has been your experience with the OAK? Where did you obtain your chimney cap?

Thanks for your support!

Dave from CT.

Status
Not open for further replies.