Mount Vernon Pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmountvernon

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2011
SE Mass
Some have asked so here they are. I actually went to the Quadrafire dealer today and bought a brand new one i was so impressed with this one and only had it a week
http://tinyurl.com/5uz2muk

nice looking stove! I love the white I think the Mt. Vernon is my next stove

Bought a brand new one? What? Did I read it right???

You got the sickness BAD!!! Love the pics. Very nice.

Are you selling the non AE and buying the AE. Or keeping them both and gonna have your house glow like mine does???

Either way. Congrats on the stove purchase. Again.. So... I hear you like this pellet thing? LOL

Are you getting it in black? Or a color? You know this means more pics right?

Being a newb i was ordering new blowers for the used stove i bought, but after hearing the new models im not chancing buying new blowers to still have a noisy stove. The new mt vernon AE was almost silent so ill sell this one and put it towards the new one, but this one is so much nicer looking lol yeah im getting black this time around the wife says so ;)

Lots of AE owners on here. Some LOVE them, some love to hate them. I dont know if I could get used to the stove shutting down to clean.

My Fahrenheit Endurance has a cleaning system also. It has a grate that pops out and pellets drop on it (instead of dropping all the way to burn pot) and the fire below, catches these pellets on fire. Then a Bulldozer like device in the back of the pot, pushes forward, which pushes the front of the pot open, and pushes the "Clinker" out of the pot. Then once the Dozer is back in place, the cast grate pulls back and the fires drops into the pot.. No flame loss, no heat loss. St. Croix uses a similar thing with the vera grate. There is no shut down for cleaning.

The non AE is not as complicated and is more less like the rest of the Quad line up. They are still a good heater and eveyone has there reasons for buying or not buying one.

Still want pics. Wish I was closer, I wouldnt mind getting a non AE and yours is beautiful. For someone who knows what stoves are, you shouldnt have trouble selling it. Only AE's for sale in my area. Never a non AE.

Congrats again, and yes, you have the sickness (pelletitus)

DexterDay said:
Lots of AE owners on here. Some LOVE them, some love to hate them. I dont know if I could get used to the stove shutting down to clean.

My Fahrenheit Endurance has a cleaning system also. It has a grate that pops out and pellets drop on it (instead of dropping all the way to burn pot) and the fire below, catches these pellets on fire. Then a Bulldozer like device in the back of the pot, pushes forward, which pushes the front of the pot open, and pushes the "Clinker" out of the pot. Then once the Dozer is back in place, the cast grate pulls back and the fires drops into the pot.. No flame loss, no heat loss. St. Croix uses a similar thing with the vera grate. There is no shut down for cleaning.

The non AE is not as complicated and is more less like the rest of the Quad line up. They are still a good heater and eveyone has there reasons for buying or not buying one.

Still want pics. Wish I was closer, I wouldnt mind getting a non AE and yours is beautiful. For someone who knows what stoves are, you shouldnt have trouble selling it. Only AE's for sale in my area. Never a non AE.

I was afraid this was gonna happen. Now im having doubts.

oldmountvernon said:
DexterDay said:

I was afraid this was gonna happen. Now im having doubts.

No second doubts. I have never owned one. To listen to me would be foolish. I have read Many posts here and thats my conclusion. Yet every week someone buys one and loves it.

I just wonder why you are selling the one you just got? Is it not doing the job? Both units are 60,000. So one will not heat more than the other. Other than the auto clean function and battery back up, they are almost the same.

Just wondering why I guess? Dont 2nd guess yourself.... Buy it and be happy. Everyones needs and wants are different.

Love my Quad. But after owning this one, I wont have another. All in your lifestyle. I am a tinkerer by heart and want more adjustment on my stove.

Looking forward to the new pics.

Reason , its way to noisy replacing both blowers is gonna cost 500 just for parts. And im not so sure its gonna be as quiet as the newer models. I wish i could hear this stove with new blowers first without shelling out the 500. :) I thought this was almost normal sounding being a newb i know the exhaust blower has an issue i can notice a slight wobble sounding fluctuation so that tells me bearing but the convection sounds like hard running air, not sure if that will quiet down

Have they ran the New Quad on its highest flame/heat setting and blower setting? I seen one in my dealers showroom. They are pretty quiet. Have you looked at CSH incorporated (online) or Rotom motors. I bought a replacement combustion blower for less than $100 last year for my Quad.

Do a search on here for Combustion blowers for Quads, or Better Combustion Blowers. A lot may apply to the Sata Fe, Castile, and Classic Bay. But if you cross reference your part #'s. You should be able to replace both motors for less than $500.

Eric at kinsman stoves (forum member) gives discounts if you want to go the factory route. Just a thought. The stove is almost the same. Although highly updated. Did you check to see if they use the same motors for combustion and convection. Same motors = Same noise.

i got the quote from eric :) and yes the new models are different on both blowers , so the dealer said

oldmountvernon said:
i got the quote from eric :) and yes the new models are different on both blowers , so the dealer said

Fair enough. Sounds like you have done the footwork. When are you hoping.for install?

was gonna pick it up Tues/Wed when they come in , but now im not so sure LOL god i hate this :)

Go pick it up. By all means. Just wondered why not a new stove to begin with.

Do not base your decision on just one persons opinion. Its not going in my house. They are very nice stoves. That have some of the latest technology in them.

Just wish I lived closer. Would love to have the old stove your gonna sell.

Pics.... Or it never happened.

AE's are very quiet, if noise is an issue it won't be with the AE.

Seems to me the people that have probs with them are people whose houses loose heat quickly.(auto clean cycle)

in my situation the house does not loose so much heat in a few minutes that the stove can't recover in a few minutes. running auto mode.

HTH YMMV

hey, if youve got that kind of money to toss around then go for it. thanks for doing your part to help get our economy out of this mess and thanks for buying american. now we just need half a billion more like you.

thanks smoke... 3650 money isnt an issue esp when the wife wants it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.