Mountain Air stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sapratt

Feeling the Heat
May 14, 2008
Northwestern, Oh
My neighbor is looking to put a wood stove in his garage. He found a mountain air stove.
He had a few questions for me that I couldn't answer. So I will ask everyone here. Are these stoves good stoves?
Next question is where he wants to put the stove the chimney would be the same height as the power wire that runs to
his house. But be a couple of feet away from it. Would that be ok or would he have to find a different spot?

Never heard of the Mountain Air stove . . . maybe other folks have heard of it.

I would suggest that you might want to relocate the chimney if at all possible . . . I suspect being 2 feet away from the service line coming into the house would not be a very good idea . . . especially if it is at the same height . . . I know I wouldn't want to be swinging around my chimney brush and 4-foot rods when the power line is within 2 feet of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.