mountain view hearth products. one of the good guys...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

par0thead151

Feeling the Heat
Jul 26, 2009
south eastern wisconsin
i am in no way affiliated or poised to gain anything by posting this. I feel the need to share my positive experience with mountain view hearth products as they spent a good 15 minutes explaining to me what i need and what i should do in terms of maintenance for my enviro venice 1700 insert. on top of the good customer service experience they also have fairly good pricing.

They also talked me out of buying some items they have as i can get them cheaper at a local hardware store. I will be buying from them again next time i need parts...

http://www.stove-parts-unlimited.com/default.asp

Never dealt with them. Looks like some good stuff there.

pen

What did you get from them for the Enviro?

BrotherBart said:
What did you get from them for the Enviro?

3 sets of baffles and a door window gasket
on that note, what is the usual life expectancy of a ceramic 1/4-1/2" baffle for a wood stove that is run 24/7 in the winter?
i got 2 years from mine. one cracked from the vibrations of tapping the secondary burning tubes out so i could remove the baffles and clean my chimney.

on that note, i still need to find a source for firebricks in the SE wisconsin area. i found a local dfealer selling them for 5$ a piece. but they are full sized 9"X4" or something... my stove calls for 3X9" , 4.5X9" and 4.5X4.5"
how hard is cutting bricks to the sizes i need?

Can't help ya on the bricks but my 1/2" ceramic baffle boards are looking good for season six.

BrotherBart said:
Can't help ya on the bricks but my 1/2" ceramic baffle boards are looking good for season six.

interesting. i only nicked the board with a log once, and that was the right one, the left one is the one that cracked when taking out the secondaries.
maybe i will try to remove the baffles before removing the secondaries from now on...

i have read that running a stove hot will shorten the life of the baffles as they crystallize

How much degradation of a brick does it take to warrant its replacement?
is it a good idea to replace all bricks when some start to go or just change them out as needed?
i assume(from what happened in my stove) the bottom bricks will wear faster especially if there is no grate to hold the wood off of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.