Moved house - had to move a 'bit' of firewood...... pics..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Auzzie Gumtree

Minister of Fire
Oct 17, 2012
Recently sold our old house and bought a new one ~ 15 mins drive away. I decided to try and take all my wood with me. It was a long day - i hired a 2 ton tipper and a Bobcat with an operator who also had a 10 ton tipper.

In all i made 15 trips in the 2 ton tipper and 8 trips in the 10 ton tipper. All full to the top. we worked from 7 am until 6 pm and it cost ~ $700. I estimate the wood is 'worth' about $10-15,000 if you had to replace it. Some of it has been drying for 3 years and i hope i know which it is as once we got to the new place i dumped it out the front of the house. (most of it is still there.) I had to leave about a 1/3 of my stash as we ran out of time. I way underestimated how much i had, possibly a good thing.....?

I have started to moving it into the shed (the shed was already here) its not quite full but getting there. This is my wettest wood and will probably sit in the shed for a number of years (4 min.)

Here's the photo's to prove it happened. ==c
WP_20150906_006.jpg WP_20150906_007.jpg WP_20150906_010.jpg WP_20150906_013.jpg WP_20151027_002.jpg WP_20151027_017.jpg WP_20151027_019.jpg WP_20151027_022.jpg WP_20160325_001.jpg WP_20160325_004.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20160326_003.jpg
    WP_20160326_003.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 284
just found another photo

upload_2016-4-13_13-56-39.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lone_Gun
Awesome pics cobber, not even upside down. Great stash worth the move I say. Time to blow the froth off a couple after that job.

bob

Thanks Guys - it was a long day but i think it was worth it. I have to try and move it now from the front of the property around the back. The shed is nearly full and that will be at least 3 years worth. The rest i am going to use this year and any left will have to be moved onto pallets for next year. We are still in fall (autumn) over here and its pretty mild - the house is a lot warmer than the last one and it has a wood oven like the one below.

I will do another thread on the new wood heater - i bought the Neo 2.5 insert.......

009.JPG

Nice work Auzz! Love that cookstove. Enjoy the new digs.

A wood stove like that will heat a fairly large area with no outside help. I'd love to have one in my home but I'm not sure my wife would like it very much.

Nothing like a dump truck. It's one thing to put the wood in, but having to manually take it back out is another…

Wow! That stove is cool. If you ever find time to do a write-up on it, that would be great.

Thanks Guys - it was a long day but i think it was worth it. I have to try and move it now from the front of the property around the back. The shed is nearly full and that will be at least 3 years worth. The rest i am going to use this year and any left will have to be moved onto pallets for next year. We are still in fall (autumn) over here and its pretty mild - the house is a lot warmer than the last one and it has a wood oven like the one below.

I will do another thread on the new wood heater - i bought the Neo 2.5 insert.......

View attachment 177972
Sweet. Once you get the knack of running the cook stove can you post a review in the main hearth forum? A Neo 2.5 review would be great too.

That is a lot of work for one day. I don't blame you for keeping the wood. It is a lot of work and time acquiring a stash like that.

Nice wood... Nice stove... Cheers!

<3 the cookstove

the restocking, not so much

When did you know you were moving? Was it all of a sudden or out of the blue? I plan on moving in 5yrs.....There is no way I'm moving any wood...It will all be used up..:)

When did you know you were moving? Was it all of a sudden or out of the blue? I plan on moving in 5yrs.....There is no way I'm moving any wood...It will all be used up..:)
It wasn't out of the blue we had a few months to try and sort things out. Originally the people who bought our house were going to include the wood in their offer for the house but they forgot and then it got messy with them saying we had to have it all moved before settlement. This was only a few weeks before the move which stuffed up our plans. It was a hell of a move one of the worse days of my life anything that could go wrong did go wrong. Enough to say at one point our removalists were kicked out of our drive way by the new owners and all our belongings were left in the garden......

Once we had moved we found out the new owners actually wanted the wood and they were trying to say I took the wood out of spite..... Crap few days.

On a brighter note I have run the oven a few times and it can throw quite a bit of heat out. Its a steady regular heat but very welcome. The Neo is unbelievable it can easily do 10 hours, still finding the sweet spot and I am getting the dreded dirty glass near the catch on the lhs of the heater. Early days and its too warm really I'm just too impatient.

I moved some more wood into the shed over the weekend I honestly can't believe how much there is.... I also can't believe how much I gave away the day before we moved. In fact if I really thought about it I could get quite upset

I will do a full review in a couple of months once our winter finally gets here.

Reactions: NordicSplitter
Status
Not open for further replies.