Moved the wood this morning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fireview2788

Minister of Fire
Apr 20, 2011
SW Ohio
A couple of months back our church had a youth service auction to help raise funds for a mission trip to South Chicago. My buddy suggested I get a couple of the boys to move the multiple piles of rounds I had laying around his woods to a more convenient splitting location. :eek:, great idea I say and got two of them for $40 (highest bidder wins). I wanted to get it done before the woods grew up but because of their sports I didn't want them getting injured so we hit it this morning.

We hooked the trailer to the tractor and moved it from place to place and then moved the wood to the main splitting location. I think all told we moved around three cords in just under two hours. The poison ivy wasn't bad but the stinging nettle SUCKED. Now we need to split it.

I didn't get any pics but will when we go over to split.

fv

A couple of months back our church had a youth service auction to help raise funds for a mission trip to South Chicago. My buddy suggested I get a couple of the boys to move the multiple piles of rounds I had laying around his woods to a more convenient splitting location. :eek:, great idea I say and got two of them for $40 (highest bidder wins). I wanted to get it done before the woods grew up but because of their sports I didn't want them getting injured so we hit it this morning.

We hooked the trailer to the tractor and moved it from place to place and then moved the wood to the main splitting location. I think all told we moved around three cords in just under two hours. The poison ivy wasn't bad but the stinging nettle SUCKED. Now we need to split it.

I didn't get any pics but will when we go over to split.

fv

Till then it's just fiction !!!! :)

Sounds like a good $80 investment.
Summer temps, in the woods , ivy & nettles .
Bet they went home & had a big supper :)

Dang it, fireview!! you know the rules!! Pics or it didn't happen!!

Seriously, sounds like a good deal. And I'm with Dave. I'll bet those kids were whooped at the end of the day.

Reactions: wesessiah
Status
Not open for further replies.