1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Moveing, free boiler

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by ozzie88, Jan 26, 2013.

1. ozzie88

ozzie88 Member

Loc:
    maine
    I built this indoor updraft boiler 3 years ago been working fine, An thinking about moveing to FL. do to major back problems and on disablity and to sell I may have to move boiler. In maine it is ok now to have two boilers but my homemade is not ul listed. Will give boiler to get it moved,it does come apart and the storage tanks are 4 seperte tanks. I use 4-41/2 cord per year house and basement house is 1000 sq, feet. It is hooked up see it run before take apart.
    Like I said i am just thinking about this now but will be this spring when I list house and wanted to know what kind of feed back I may get by doing it this way? Have photos and more info, put in my user name and i think my post will pop up with photos,
    If buyer would want to keep it that only way would not do this he would have to understand everything,about it.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. ozzie88

ozzie88 Member

Loc:
    maine
    This is an up-draft gasser with DHW heat coils and all cir. pumps controls, the heavy piece is about 350-400lbs,around 2x2x1 1/2, 2 85gal tanks and two 35 gal tanks for water. Questions?
  3. BoilerBob

BoilerBob Member

Loc:
    SW Nova
    Do you have pics of heat exchanger? Do you have idea of BTU/hr?
  4. ozzie88

ozzie88 Member

Loc:
    maine
    This is looking threw peep hole 2nd chamber,1sst chamber threw door, photo of whole unit and tanks with no insulation on them yet,I have lots of photos of when being built built with 5/16 plate welded with e-7018,, it does come apart. btu per hr. I did have some numbers on that let me look them up, I clean dust out of it once a year it burns clean,ashs once a week depends on burn time, People that do but my house could make it right running another chimney or direct vent oil boiler [new also] this would be a good deal for someone just some work moveing

Attached Files:

5. ozzie88

ozzie88 Member

Loc:
    maine
    couple more photo of unit with no insulation yet,
    I thought of doing this cause it would cost me about same if I tried seell it and/or move it so seems like a way to get it done. I in process of checking prices and lineing up what I neeed to do to sell and move,would be couple months if anyone is interested,lot more building photos too.

Attached Files:

6. BoilerBob

BoilerBob Member

Loc:
    SW Nova
    Thanks for pics. Great looking build.

Good deal for someone that already has underground lines and outbuilding for existing (old boiler).