Movin some wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man if I had your firewood I'd just throw mine away.

Are you sure the bourbon didn't start alittle closer to where the arrows point?

Attachments

• 112810_stacked.jpg
    112810_stacked.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 122
Rockey said:
Are you sure the bourbon didn't start alittle closer to where the arrows point?

you are on to me Rockey, lol, you super stackers have no appreciation for a little creativity. I just try to get it under the roof. As long as you are critiquing, better or worse than last year?

Attachments

• 2009 stacked.jpg
    2009 stacked.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 121
savageactor7 said:
S&W How long do you let your heaps dry?

In the past I've burned some after 2 full years and it burned fine but we split smaller than you. Truthfully I'm not very organized about rotating it.

I think that is where I am headed. With a second heap, I will have time to let it sit at least 2 years. I'll pull out the good and big stuff and put it in the windward shed and let the little stuff sit out and then put it straight in the burn shed.

SolarAndWood said:
All tucked in ready to go. Just need to pick up some 2x4s to run vertically as the stacks are 10'.

I think my next move will be to only stack the big splits in the windward shed. I'll let the smaller stuff sit in the heap for a couple years and then move it directly to the burn shed the spring before I intend to burn it.

Solar how much wood do you have stacked in the picture?

zap

About 7 cord. 2 30' rows of 18" 10' high. Rockey would probably argue that I don't stack very tight though.

Status
Not open for further replies.