Moving an Osburn 2200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cjgoode

Aug 30, 2016
Sylva Nc
I am buying a used Osburn 2200 and I have to uninstall and move it. So I have some questions.

Can I use a dolly, will the base hold it when I tilt it back. Can I do it from the side or only the back side of the stove.

Can I lay it on its back or will the cause problems with the fire bricks or other parts while moving it.

Any other tips for disconnecting the stove pipe and moving this stove. Plan is to dolly it into a trailer with a ramp, I do not think we can pick the 400 pounds up and get it into the back of the pickup.

Thanks

You'll need to remove all the bricks, fiber board and the door. This will make it lighter and easier to move. The base will be fine. Take your time.

Most decent 2 wheel dollies have a 800-900 lb. capacity, you'll be fine there. Bring a bunch of ratchet straps to hold the stove to the dolly. Be mindful where you place the straps so you aren't crushing any heat shielding, delicate parts etc.. Bring some help with you if possible and take your time. Happy hauling!

Status
Not open for further replies.