Moving heated air to other locations through walls.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bigkahuna427

Sep 2, 2018
Maine
This is our first season with a Woodstock Progress Hybrid stove. We have an L-shaped ranch and would like to get warm air into that area which is a master suite. During the day we leave the door open and that alone makes quite a difference but I would like to get some of this heat into that area during the night when the door is closed. I have a couple of muffin fans but am looking for something I can install through the dry wall between the studs of an interior wall. Is there anything that is commonly used and or what can you suggest?

Even if you installed a fan through the wall , you still need some sort of return . Just off the top of my head, pushing room temp air through the wall would require a fairly large fan and equal sized return. If you can increase the temp of the air , you could get away with a smaller opening / fan combo.

Depends on the layout. Can you post a sketch of the floorplan? Is there a basement?

24x36 2 bedroom ranch with additions. 2 bedrooms on one end, living and dining room on the other. The stove (progress Hybrid) is located between the kitchen and living room. There is and attic and a basement. One of the two bedrooms is space for closets and where we access the addition which is a split level master suite. Half flight up to the bed half flight down to the bathroom with cathedral ceiling. Not looking to heat it perfectly just trying to get some heat over there. Big difference during the day when the door is open.

Can you post a sketch of the floorplan? Is there a basement?

@dtaylor628 are you the seller of this product? If so, instead of digging up prior posts, maybe start a new thread letting folks know what you have made instead of peppering the site with unsolicited promos.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woody Stover