Moving in the Progress Hybrid

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

charly

She's certainly a beast to contend with, but so far I'm trying to work smart... Wife is helping with the rolling part as well.. Today I worked on just getting it into the house... Wound up bringing it around to the back of my house with my four wheeler...then picking it back off with my tractor... and setting it onto my bigger dolly.. Main thing is laying pieces of plywood out to keep the move going so you don't come up short in a turn etc... I'm lucky to have a back door set up like I do.. This is seriously heavy stove.. Now I'm glad I installed post jacks in my basement under my old post beams that support the floor where my hearth is.. Nice to a peace of mind.

Progress move 003.JPG Buying these forks was a great investment.

Progress move 004.JPG Came out of the truck no problem.

Progress move 006.JPG Into the four wheeler for a faster trip around to the back of the house..

Progress move 011.JPG Back out of the four wheeler and set onto my big dolly.. Smaller dolly I used for the Fireview move would not span the PH crate..

Progress move 012.JPG Just adding a few straps and she's ready to wheel inside..

Progress move 014.JPG 3/4 plywood down and with the wife pushing and myself lifting and pulling in she came.

Progress move 015.JPG Trick is laying smaller pieces to get to where you want to go.. Just glad the wife and I can do it all..Maribeth is just great for helping me out. It's what makes the whole move, burning wood thing happen... A common interest :)

Progress move 019.JPG She's at her resting place for now, out of the weather.. Next will be a ramp ride up through this doorway, across the floor and another ramp ride up onto the hearth... I think with the wife's help we can get her up the ramp 2 times and onto the hearth pad... Then I'll shore up the outer pallet, slide out the dolly and then let the pallet back down, then begin the leg install... I'll take more pictures as we go..Maybe more wives will help out :). Hope I'm not hogging hearth space and boring people.......Charlie

Looks like you two handled this well.

Status
Not open for further replies.