Moving insert away from wall to fit the exhaust vent. Anyone have experience...?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swimman

Sep 19, 2008
Rhode Island
In another thread I related how my Lopi Yankee Bay cannot be installed as there is not enough clearance to fit the 4" exhaust pipe on to the exhaust motor as the roof of the fireplace insert and the top of the pellet stove is within 2" which is too little for the pipe to bend.

I had an idea of moving the stove out about 1 1/2" from the fireplace which should allow enough space to route the pipe. Have others done this thereby creating a gap between the pellet stove face plate and the wall of the fireplace? If so, what have you used to fill in the gap? I was thinking I could get a shop to fabricate a three sided surround that would sit on/around the face plate and bridge the 1 1/2" gap between the wall and the pellet stove surround.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.