Moving the Fireview

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good job, Charlie!;)

Congrats Steve!
Welcome to the Temple of the Cat!==c

I've adopted the SnowLeopard technique: put a pie pan inside the firebox and shovel the ashes into it. Any dust generated goes up the flue.:cool:

I've previously had a CDW Cat stove that I put in my downstairs family room back in '85ish.. had it until a couple years ago, when it just had almost completely deteriorated. So I am used to them and actually like them very much. Great heat!!

This stove (Charley's old Fireview) will replace my 1979 Garrison One that is in my primary living space that is the kitchen/living room area. I'm making arrangements now for the manpower to pick it up. Most likely the week of the 29th.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
How often do you empty the ash pan burning 24/7.

Once a week at most. Ussually every 2 weeks I would empty with normal temps out (30's). When it was bewlo 20 for an entire week, and I was burning big loads alld day/night, it would last 1 week. It's also VERY easy to empty. A great idea somebody had here, is to buy a 2nd ash pan so when you change it, just pull the full one out, slide in the empy one....

Once a week at most. Ussually every 2 weeks I would empty with normal temps out (30's). When it was bewlo 20 for an entire week, and I was burning big loads alld day/night, it would last 1 week. It's also VERY easy to empty. A great idea somebody had here, is to buy a 2nd ash pan so when you change it, just pull the full one out, slide in the empy one....
I'm glad I got the pan now, and yes, a second pan sounds like a good idea..

Reactions: Oldhippie
Status
Not open for further replies.