moving the splitter with a lawn tractor?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevebass4

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2006
Franklin MA
i have the troy built ls33 splitter and the thing weights 1000 lbs

i picked up an old Murray 12 horse rider last week and it runs good - i can connect a cart no problem with the clevis pin and there looks to be a place where i can mount a 2 inch ball BUT wont it be too low to haul around the splitter

i guess i am asking if there are any hitches that are raised up idealy the ball would be mounted right behind the seat

thanks

Here's what I use. I made it high enough to use the splitter without detaching it and not to have to lift the stand to travel but the stand will catch on uneven ground. Not a big deal to lift the stand.
100_0264.jpg

That would be perfect - is there anyplace where i could buy someting like that because i have no idea how to weld

I had my neighbor weld it up for me. BTW, here is a pic of the splitter in tow.
photo_11456.jpg

yup - perfect!!

LLigetfa said:
Here's what I use. I made it high enough to use the splitter without detaching it and not to have to lift the stand to travel but the stand will catch on uneven ground. Not a big deal to lift the stand.
100_0264.jpg

I saw this on the other forum you belong to. Very nice indeed!

That's not a bad price. Looks to be a lot taller than mine. If it proves to be too tall, you might be able to hang it from the underside of the clevis hitch with some spacers.

Thanks for the tip - it' not nearly as sturdy looking as yours but it should do what i need -

Status
Not open for further replies.