MP35-50 pellet earthstove smoking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TJLazer

Jan 15, 2009
I bought a used earth stove from a guy who said it worked fine, but was switching to another heat source. I have another pellet stove, so i have a little experience. I installed it, similarly to my first stove. I have cleaned it from top to bottom, seals look good, only a short run for a chimeny with no 90 deg bends. Motors all seem fine. I am getting the smell of smoke when there is no wind, and with the slightest breeze, smoke billows from hopper and fans. Stove is virtually unusable. Is there a flap or something that is supposed to prevent smoke from coming back through the auger? Any ideas?

Me again (tjlazer),
Geez, spent all afternoon unscrewing stuff trying to get motors off back of unit. Is there some trick to getting this thing apart? MP35-50, the bane to my existence. BTW, I am a certified electronics technician, motors and switchs seem to be functioning fine. Thanks for any guidance someone can offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.