Mr. Webmaster

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pelletheat

Jan 11, 2006
Just a short quote from Mr. Webmasters own forum rules!

"As always, common sense and decency should be the guidelines."

You have no "meat" to your useless babble on Harman. Have a nice day.

Well there has been an awfullot of drivel going on here these last few days. very much like the "Experts" on TV who prclaimed Oil would be $200 a barrel by now.
Everyone becomes an expert when they have a grudge.
I see a lot of anti Harman comments proudly stated by poeple who also proudly state the model of the Non Harman stove they have.
As is always the case in life, When someone gets what he wants, the tale is good. When he doesnt the tale is bad. I have seen just as many posts from poeple who have had there Stoves installed as those who are complaining about a company who they do not even have a stove from.
Do what I do. Skip over the crap .
I've gone 12 years in my house with Oil Heat. I think I can make it a few months more till my stove arrives. AND if its not a Harman then I'll look at something else.
Stop the Panic. Thats why were in this situation

pelletheat said:

Pelletheat,

Have you never heard the phrase, "if it looks like $4!T, smells like $4!T, and tastes like $4!T, it must be $4!T!"?

There seems to be more then enough meat for our host to babble about.

ALSO, if you look back, Craig was the one who tried to restrain the Harman backlash, asking people to wait for more information before crucifying them. Once the "meat" started coming out, then the gloves were allowed to be off.

Have a good evening.

Whats the "Meat"
Were hearing that nobody is getting Harman stoves. Give me facts. I want to see Facts. Dealers,not one or two new ones. What about all the poeple who dont come on this forum. I'm sure there are a couple. I see posts that Harman is going under. I then see posts that say poeple are getting stoves. Things are not good in the world.
But give me Facts. Tha facts I have are that I ordered my stove early June and have been told by my dealer I will get it early October. Thats a fact. If it doesnt then I will re consider my options then. Trust me. My Life will not end.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!! The sky is falling!!! The Sky is falling!!! All the while running around with head cut off.......

JK

pelletheat said:

Bad day at the office, eh?

I guess posts from dealers who sell them and have been in touch with HHT for years mean nothing to you...nor experiences of specific customers and dealers??

That's fine, you certainly don't have to read the threads. But if I were a customer, I would want to know these things. We warned customers about buying VC stoves while they were going south too...was that indecent also?

There is a LOT of meat in those threads, and for you to post some drivel like this either means you aren't telling us who your really are, or that you have a chip on your shoulder about something.

So, which is it? Or do you want to run these forums now?

pelletheat said:

Another quote from the Forum Rules:
"The line should be fairly clear. If your relationship with a company is anything more than just being a purchaser of one of their stove models, full disclosure is the name of the game."

So, Mr. Pelletheat, may I kindly ask the question as to whether your relationship with Harman is anything else other than a customer? You certainly have a lot of knowledge....everything from where their castings are made....to exactly what their warranty covers. Also, very few customers would post calling the sale of a Harman stove "illegal" as you did in an earlier thread (apparently, this illegal refers to a dealer selling out of their territory).

You know my affiliation, and since you are going to post stuff like this, I would kindly ask you if you have (or had) one yourself.

Camdids:

Whats the “Meat”
Were hearing that nobody is getting Harman stoves. Give me facts. I want to see Facts. Dealers,not one or two new ones. What about all the poeple who dont come on this forum. I’m sure there are a couple. I see posts that Harman is going under. I then see posts that say poeple are getting stoves. Things are not good in the world.
But give me Facts. Tha facts I have are that I ordered my stove early June and have been told by my dealer I will get it early October.

You want meat? How's this. I placed an order for a Harman Accentra freestanding in June with a $1000 deposit (isn't that when you placed yours?). The delivery date primised was October 8, 2008. I took delivery last week!!! Thats right - last week!! I took delivery of a return check from my dealer who had no idea when my Accentra would be in, since Harman notified its dealers last week that it was cancelling orders!

What kind of meat do you like? crow?

Ed

ps. I was promised that I would remain on the list (#6) and would place the deposit when any type of delivery date could be provided.

Webmaster..

Admittedly, my previous post may have been "useless babble" (and probably this one as well). Nevertheless, I appreciated the opportunity to vent - especially since I had taken delivery of three tons of pellets and ordered vent pipe when the unceremonious Harman stove cancellation arrived.. My cancellation was not accompanied by kind words or assurances from the Harman family - it was delivered by a frustrated dealer who had a bad day calling other customers to cancel orders. I, on the other hand, was having a wonderful day celebrating my son's birthday (riding Thomas the Tank engine at Edaville Railroad) when the frustrated dealer called (maybe I missed the "We're sorry" part).... Still I maintained my good nature, even when he hung up after I inquired how he could help me out of my "situation" - (had spent $2k on an empty promise for a pellet stove and 6000 lbs of "sawdust"). All I wanted to know was what my options were - before deciding to wait for the Accentra... Customer service goes a long way!

Thanks again for tolerating the "useless babble".

Ed

Popcorn time....

Frank is back, maybe Dillan too? Or GFB that guy that started another website a while ago? Honestly, I missed Frank....

Status
Not open for further replies.