"Mr Williamson, it's Washington calling, they need you down there right away"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no.. this can only mean gov subsides for pellets are not far behind...;)

. I'm so giddy to be one of the first outsiders to play with it. Hee hee hee.

So his wife is going to allow you to be the first other then her to " play with it " ?

give ya all a hint...it measures the either the volume of pellets that pass through it or the room air heat it produces or both, not completely sure..so fuel and efficiency can be metered. Where there is metering there are cash incentives (rebates) for using renewable heat. That's the plan anyway. New stove, new concept I guess. Maybe that's why their sending me down...to straighten it all out.

Yeah right? They asked if I had ever direct vented through marble slab, I suppose that is the Whitehouse? Once my clearances go through they said they would tell me more, for now it's top secret. Wow! A pellet stove in the Oval Office!

As somebody that does references for clearance renewals for six folks every few years I can tell ya that you don't want to talk too much more about this on the Internet.

Just sayin...

Reactions: oldmountvernon
As somebody that does references for clearance renewals for six folks every few years I can tell ya that you don't want to talk too much more about this on the Internet.

Just sayin...
Just kidding....no one asked for clearances...Craig mentioned the Obamastove and I just kinda ran with it...it was a joke;)

Yeah right? They asked if I had ever direct vented through marble slab, I suppose that is the Whitehouse? Once my clearances go through they said they would tell me more, for now it's top secret. Wow! A pellet stove in the Oval Office!

Who is going to pay for the plane ride down? Do you have to drive all the way?

Just kidding....no one asked for clearances...Craig mentioned the Obamastove and I just kinda ran with it...it was a joke;)

Around here you never know. I have three neighbors that can't admit where they work. ;lol

It is only designated Air Force One when the Pres is on board. It would be Hitchhike One...

Don you're too funny. No seriously "Washington" did call, to get the joke you you need to look at my sig and see where it is I'm an advisor...and yeah they need me to evaluate a stove so they are flying me down. I feel like celebrity right? Really it's just some work with travel and no pay but I get play with a new concept stove. Fun times, anyone want to run my business while I'm gone..Don, can you cover for me?

It is only designated Air Force One when the Pres is on board. It would be Hitchhike One...
Naw man! Obama is the one picking me up! The White House sent me a prepared list of questions Obama has, lets see here...ah, ok number 1,"what is the best stove for heating 55,000 sqft?, number 2, what is the best pellet?", you get the idea

A big ass wood stove. ;lol

Reactions: stoveguy2esw
Fun times, anyone want to run my business while I'm gone..Don, can you cover for me?

Actually I am swamped with work, I just hired some help, but if you got x jobs I can hire more techs? What jobs do you have in NH? Send me the list.

Naw man! Obama is the one picking me up! The White House sent me a prepared list of questions Obama has, lets see here...ah, ok number 1,"what is the best stove for heating 55,000 sqft?, number 2, what is the best pellet?", you get the idea

Sounds like alot of work for no pay?

Actually I am swamped with work, I just hired some help, but if you got x jobs I can hire more techs?
Good for you man, good for you. Told ya. Stick with it and embrace the madness, you haven't seen anything yet. I was where you are now. Remember, between jobs, they drive and you work the phones. Production as an art. Someday maybe you too will install a stove in the Whitehouse

Good for you man, good for you. Told ya. Stick with it and embrace the madness, you haven't seen anything yet. I was where you are now. Remember, between jobs, they drive and you work the phones. Production as an art. Someday maybe you too will install a stove in the Whitehouse

If the Whitehouse is poorly insulated because it is so old, you must tell them it will not heat as well as it could. That could be a tough job. I had to work on a Fax Server issue used for the State of the Union Address for the Whitehouse once. It can become very political very fast, but they said I did a good job!

Hope nothing goes wrong because who would the manufacturer blame?

Status
Not open for further replies.