Mrs and Little Dannos probably freezing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno77

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2008
Hamilton, IL
Because the stove is 't running and I'm at a conference right now. I'll be back on Saturday evening, but until then it's gas furnace and space heaters.

First conference of the day is:
Current Topics in Pediatric Neuropsychiatric Conditions: Diagnosis, Treatments, and School Psychology.

Blech, surely useful information, but I'd rather be running a chainsaw.

That's too bad you can't keep the stove going for the Mrs and little Danno. The Mrs can't keep it going?

stejus said:
That's too bad you can't keep the stove going for the Mrs and little Danno. The Mrs can't keep it going?
She did last year, just too much to handle through the explanation of how secondaries work, etc, etc.

Really something that I should have shown her ahead of time. She'll be fine, the furnace can handle it.

Danno77 said:
stejus said:
She did last year, just too much to handle through the explanation of how secondaries work, etc, etc.

Really something that I should have shown her ahead of time. She'll be fine, the furnace can handle it.

I hear you. I sometimes come home to a load of wood in the stove and there are no secondaries. I'm coaching her along though and I tell her there are two sure signs the stove is not burning right. 1. Secondaries are not firing. 2. Step outside.. if you see anything coming out of the stack after you start shutting down, you're shutting down too fast. She's getting better, alot better than last year.

A school psychiatrist that finds chainsaws relaxing.... theres a movie in there somewhere.

Well Danno, hurry home as fast as you can after the conferences.

MasterMech said:
A school psychiatrist that finds chainsaws relaxing.... theres a movie in there somewhere.

I agree...Although I see it as a Lifetime Movie, and as we all know, the man never fairs well in a Lifetime Movie!!! :ahhh:

Backwoods Savage said:
I'll get home ASAP. I don't like the big city. Not enough trees. Hate to be away from the fam.

Eatonpcat said:
MasterMech said:

I agree...Although I see it as a Lifetime Movie, and as we all know, the man never fairs well in a Lifetime Movie!!! :ahhh:
You guys are killin' me!!!! No way in heck will I be associated with that danged lifetime channel!!! History Channel? Now maybe that's more what I'm thinkin'!!!!

Danno77 said:
stejus said:

See, now ... I just don't get this. It's not rocket science.

Hope you get home safe & sound, Danno :)

Well at least she was open to trying it. Mrs. J is afraid of the thing... "all those levers"

Danno77 said:
Eatonpcat said:
MasterMech said:

You guys are killin' me!!!! No way in heck will I be associated with that danged lifetime channel!!! History Channel? Now maybe that's more what I'm thinkin'!!!!

A show about a bunch of "loggers" spread from Alaska to England and beyond. And most of us get along! We'd have to script in a few fights for ratings. Maybe Horz vs Vert splitting or Stihl vs Husky saws.

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
Danno77 said:
stejus said:

+1

eclecticcottage said:
Danno77 said:
stejus said:

+1

Seriously. So what if you break a nail, if you have them :)

MasterMech said:
Danno77 said:
Eatonpcat said:
MasterMech said:

A show about a bunch of "loggers" spread from Alaska to England and beyond. And most of us get along! We'd have to script in a few fights for ratings. Maybe Horz vs Vert splitting or Stihl vs Husky saws.

Hearth.com the reality show? dont forget cats vs burn tubes..

I want my share of the royalties!!

eclecticcottage said:
Danno77 said:
stejus said:

+1

Seriously. So what if you break a nail, if you have them :)

Lol..I TRY to have them, but yeah, I always seem to break them once they get to a reasonable length doing something (reno work, wood hauling, who knows what).

I think it's like guys that pretend not to know how to do laundry or actually clean (as in wipe off a counter and not leave ookie behind) when they clean. They really know, they just don't want to and hope if they "mess it up" they will get out of doing it.

Screwing it up never flew with my mom or my wife. Just means you need more practice, so you had to do it again until you get it right.

BTW, workshop this morning is on mood disorders. Interesting diagnostic changes coming in the DSM-5!

OMG, I almost died. Traffic here is insane and there is currently a big snow storm blowing through! Where I'm from there is only one lane each direction, so it's easy to stay in your lane! Here, there are three to five lanes each direction! And drivers are nuts. I was listening to the traffic report on my way back to the hotel from the conference and they were saying to watch out for a deranged driver driving against traffic on the highway! As nuts as that sounds, imagine my surprise when I hit that particular stretch to find out that not ONE, but HUNDREDS of cars were actually going the wrong way. It's amazing that i'm still alive!!!

Danno77 said:
Backwoods Savage said:
I'll get home ASAP. I don't like the big city. Not enough trees. Hate to be away from the fam.

I'm with you on that one. However, I'm not so sure about all those drivers going the wrong direction. :lol:

Danno77 said:
OMG, I almost died. Traffic here is insane and there is currently a big snow storm blowing through! Where I'm from there is only one lane each direction, so it's easy to stay in your lane! Here, there are three to five lanes each direction! And drivers are nuts. I was listening to the traffic report on my way back to the hotel from the conference and they were saying to watch out for a deranged driver driving against traffic on the highway! As nuts as that sounds, imagine my surprise when I hit that particular stretch to find out that not ONE, but HUNDREDS of cars were actually going the wrong way. It's amazing that i'm still alive!!!

HS !!!!

I really thought you were gonna be pegged as the deranged driver :p

Danno, I never figured you for a shrink. Interesting that there in a DSM-V coming out. Lady BK wants to know if there will be an entry for "Psycho Teenage Gangbanger From Hell Syndrome".

I think she's suffering from burnout. :-S

Battenkiller said:
Danno, I never figured you for a shrink. Interesting that there in a DSM-V coming out. Lady BK wants to know if there will be an entry for "Psycho Teenage Gangbanger From Hell Syndrome".

I think she's suffering from burnout. :-S
LoL, only my favorite diagnosis ever...
313.9 Disorder of Infancy, Childhood or Adolescence NOS

Basically means "Somethin' be wrong, but danged if I know what!"

Edit: that's from the DSM-IV-TR, not sure it will be in the 5, but probably.

As an interesting side-note, they really are using the "5" this time instead of a Roman Numeral.

Status
Not open for further replies.