Mrs Backwoods Savage is home again!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
We want to thank everyone for their kind comments (even the silly ones!), thoughts and prayers. It was a roller coaster week. It was bad and we did come close to losing her but with God's help, we got through this part of the problem. There are many issues we have to deal with yet and we are looking at them in a positive way. She will no doubt have some surgery next week if she is strong enough. Right now she is extremely weak so rest is in order and rest she will get.

Naturally I had to make a few funnies out of this. We hoped she would come home on Tuesday but that got delayed. Wednesday then was the target date but one more test and some more antibiotics to put into her. So I got on their case because Judy has only 2 sinks and both of the danged things are full. If they don't release her, where will I put the dirty dishes?

I also want to inform some that I did not sit on a milk crate while in the hospital nor did I check the tongue depressors for dryness although that probably should have been done. And the only stacking she will do is to stack the dishes. I do not allow her to stack wood. She is terrible at that.

So for now, we are together again.

Wow - sounds like serious stuff. Hopefully the docs have a good handle on things. I may sound like a broken record, but...all eyes are typically on the person in need and rightfully so, but don't forget about the others around them (you included). Take care of yourself, as well.

Tossing heavy doses of good mojo to the North. Know that you and Judy are in my thoughts.

Thanks Jags. I guess it does take a toll. As much as I tried to look good and not put any attention on myself, a few days everyone noticed including Judy. I guess I came in looking pretty ragged, bent over and limping. Thought I was doing better but they noticed. For sure I was and am still hurting pretty bad. Emotionally I also lost it a few times. Hopefully that is all in the past now.

I agree with Jags. As much as Judy needs attention, so do you Dennis. Take at least a bit of time to take care of yourself.
With you around, Judy should be fine.
If I made a comment like that about the sinks, I'm pretty sure the dishes would be put somewhere very uncomfortable for me.;)!!!
You 2 are still in our thoughts. Keep us posted as you can.

Glad to here the lovely Judy is home Dennis. Let me know if you need anything and pass on to Judy that her name is on the first bottle of syrup! :)

Don't forget Dennis, you and Judy promised me a visit to our farm this year ;). We'll have a lot of laughs and a great time! You guys will love Maribeth too! I think God helps you but sometimes waits first to see you you have any doubt,,, kind of testing your faith.. I'll keep you both in my prayers daily... Now get the stove going,, Judy will be all over ya!;lol Seriously relax and know you have a lot of people who who care very much about the both of you... Don't ever forget it.....Lots of people praying can work wonders.

God bless you bud...hang in there. Its easy to see how much you love your wife, and I know from reading about you guys how close you are to her. We've been praying and will continue to do so. Don't forget to take care of yourself during this time.....

That's great news. Glad to hear she is improving!

Dennis if you guys need anything please don't hesitate to ask. I'm only a hop, skip and a jump away.

Give Judy our well wishes and you guys will continue to be in our prayers.

Thanks rdust. It is appreciated.

Reactions: ScotO
2 hugs...one for each. positive thoughts

Just being at home will help the healing process and allow her and you better rest. No one (No One!) Sleeps well in a hospital.

Glad she is home Sav. Thoughts and Prayers are wtill being sent your way.

Tell Judy the sheep and goats are on high alert and sending good thoughts her way as is the ornery redhead on this coast. Keeping fingers crossed...

Prayers from OH good sir. I would have included you and her in our prayers all week but just finding out about this turn of events. Busy week and I was on a few times but only jumped into the wood shed. I did wonder 1 day why I hadn't seen you but just figured you were away for a few days. I am glad she made it through what sounds like a few close calls but God must not be done with her here yet. We'll be praying from now till she gets through the next round.
Ron & Cathy

Dennis, please convey this to your wife. ==c
91345Lz.jpg

Good to hear Judy and Dennis. Now Dennis get in there and wash those dishes. ;lol

Awesome news !! Give your red head the bestest wishes from this red head, and I'll toss in some from the other "red head" in the family (who likes carrots & apples ;)) and also throw in the snuffles from both Dixie & Matisse, they seem to do the job !!

Glad to hear you and Judy are home Dennis. Our best wishes and prayers for you two.

Oh my goodness I've been away from Hearth too long! Sorry to hear of this Dennis and wishing her a speedy recovery. Glad she is home with you. Don't forget you're human too and make sure you take care of your back, especially with the weather changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.