1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Mrs Backwoods Savage is home again!

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Backwoods Savage, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Judy is still taking in bed rest. I just read her all the posts and described pictures. Her comment? "They are all being fantastic! This is amazing!" So now Judy has her words on the forum for all to see.

As for me, I'm sitting here watching 6 deer in our yard. Not sure why the others aren't here. We get up to 15 at a time. There was no snow melt today and it appears we won't be above freezing until next Thursday. But it can warm fast in March. Whoops. I see more deer coming.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. ScotO

ScotO Guest

That's wonderful news, Dennis.....praise the Lord!
    Tell Judy that I said to tell YOU to wait on her HAND AND FIST..........which I have no doubt at all you are already doing out of your love for her.

Get lots of rest Judy, you got a great man by your side by the way.....both of you take it easy now...
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  3. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    You get those dishes done yet??;)
    ScotO likes this.
  4. Backwoods Savage

Loc:
    Michigan
    No yet Jags. I found a large pan out in the barn. It will hold a lot more!
    tfdchief, nate379, DexterDay and 3 others like this.
  5. bubbasdad

bubbasdad Member

Loc:
    Howell, Michigan.
    Hope it all works out for you guys.
  6. Hearth Mistress

Hearth Mistress Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pt Pleasant, PA (SE PA)
    Blessing and prayers to you but PLEASE take care of your Sav. I know first and how hard it can be when your SO is dealing with health issues. When my hubby was recovering, I'd cry in the shower so he wouldn't see me falling apart. Things worked out ok, but those were the worst 6 month of my life for sure.
    ScotO and Backwoods Savage like this.
  7. Backwoods Savage

Loc:
    Michigan
    HM, I can tell you that there were a few times I lost it. Really difficult when you see the one you love doing so badly. Especially when we couldn't even hold a conversation. I can easily imagine you in hiding the crying. This has really opened my eyes a lot. I thought I could imagine what my wife went through several years ago when I laid in the hospital for 2 months. I know they told her at least 2 nights that I would not likely be there in the morning. Now imagine that it was February and we had wood heat then too. Wife still stayed by my side all day and all night. Bet that house was cold when she finally went home! But I tried to imagine and it is difficult.

I can also tell you that God's word in the Bible is very correct when it says the two shall become one. I was only half here for sure. What a relief to get her home. Home just is not home without both being there.
    tfdchief, granpajohn, Shane N and 6 others like this.
  8. Hearth Mistress

Loc:
    Pt Pleasant, PA (SE PA)
    I hear you, believe me. It is hard to be strong when you feel like your world is crashing down around you. I just didn't want my hubby to see me falling apart, I needed him to focus on his recovery, not me. He was in the hospital in January 2011, pre-wood stove. I came home 3 days to frozen pipes in my kitchen and bathroom because the fuel lines kunked up and wasn't running. I sat in my laundry room where the furnace was crying knowing if I called out the techs again, it was another $150 we didn't have to waste. I learned a lot about the furnace and my soul during those cold, dark times and never forget how precious every minute of life is, as in a moment, it can change.

Now wash those dishes and get some rest :)
  9. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Colorado- near the Divide
    Yeah, but you gotta wash it first, right? Grab a milk crate and get busy.;)
    Best wishes for a speedy reovery.
  10. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA

Great to hear the good news. I hope her recovery is a speedy one. I know how this feels. My wife got menengitis while pregnant. There were a couple days there when she could barely talk. I nearly lost her and my son. But she is a fighter and pulled through in spite of the odds being against it. Keep the faith man, Judy will get better. We're all pulling for the both of you.
  11. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    Hi Dennis,
    I have been away for a week and just found your post. Hope Judy and you are doing better!

Take Care,'
    Ray
  12. Swedishchef

Swedishchef Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Quebec, Canada
    My thoughts and prayers go out to you Dennis.

ANdrew
  13. jharkin

jharkin Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Holliston, MA USA
    Dennis, I am soooooooo happy to hear Judy is on the mend. I can not even imagine what both of you have been through. Take care of her and yourself and best wishes for continuing recovery.

With the end of season about here I've been spending more time on other things and away from the forum last couple weeks, but today I got to thinking about checking in just to see how you guys made out. Great news!
    ScotO, raybonz and Backwoods Savage like this.
  14. Backwoods Savage

Loc:
    Michigan
    Not much change today. We're still holding in there. Also hoping for Spring!
  15. certified106

certified106 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Athens, Ohio
    Backwoods, I just wanted to let you know I have been praying for both of you. Glad to hear she is doing better I wish there was something else I could do to help.
  16. Backwoods Savage

Loc:
    Michigan
    Update, she is better today! She was able to sit up for a lot longer periods. We even watched a dvd together. She got to see her deer and birds too. 13 deer tonight came for a visit. Just seeing the animals really cheers her up a lot. Now she is resting again and I'm here on the forum. Still waiting for spring. Even some thawing would feel good right now but at least it is sunny.
    tfdchief, ScotO, rideau and 10 others like this.
  17. Swedishchef

Swedishchef Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Quebec, Canada
    Thank you for the update. You are in my thoughts..

ANdrew
  18. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    Glad to hear things are looking up Dennis! Best wishes sent to you and Judy! :)

Ray
  19. Hearth Mistress

Loc:
    Pt Pleasant, PA (SE PA)
    Glad she's feeling better! I hope you watched the movie and then washed those dishes :)
  20. Backwoods Savage

Loc:
    Michigan
    Judy is up and finally washing all those dishes. ;lol

Seriously, I can see a difference in her. She is getting a bit stronger each day. Tomorrow we see the surgeon to schedule the knife job. That is step 1.
    tfdchief, ScotO, rideau and 4 others like this.
  21. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    Great news.
  22. charly

charly Guest

Dennis, glad to hear that the prayers are working... I'll be praying for Judy to have a great outcome after all is said and done.. and that you have a sense of calm, assuring you that everything will be alright... I think the Lord will watch over you two as I'm sure he see's how well you two treat his four legged creations;)... It's all good karma,,,,, one just has to believe and open their eye's..
    ScotO, Backwoods Savage and milleo like this.
  23. muncybob

muncybob Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Near Williamsport, PA
    Amazing what our 4 legged friends can do to lift our spirits! Here's hoping each day brings both of you more reasons to smile even more.
  24. Hearth Mistress

Loc:
    Pt Pleasant, PA (SE PA)
    Great news! So glad she's getting stronger but making her wash those dishes was a bit of a strecth uh? Go get some paper plates, silo cups and such before her surgery so you can just chuck 'em instead of leaving them, then you can focus on other things instead ;)
  25. wishlist

wishlist Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Corunna, Michigan
    That's great news Dennis. Wishing both of you all the best. :)