1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

MS192 in decent shape for $130.00....should I or shouldn't I?

Post in 'The Gear' started by ScotO, Feb 25, 2013.

1. ScotO

ScotO Guest

That's what I thought too, Jags.....
    I'll make that money in the next job.......I think I done good.....

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. lukem

lukem Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Indiana
    Looks nice. Stihl at Wild Thing price...can't beat it.
  3. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    Funny, but that popped into my head as well.;lol
    ScotO likes this.
  4. ScotO

ScotO Guest

I'm anxious to get it up in a tree......I won't know how to act with that thing, its half the weight of my 015's!!
  5. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    Just coming from a dealer, it should be ready to roar. Have you fired it up yet?
  6. ScotO

ScotO Guest

no, haven't got it yet. Have to pick it up......won't be for a couple days or so.
    Trust me, I'll post a full review on it!;)
    Jags likes this.
  7. LuckyLane

LuckyLane Member

Loc:
    North Central Ohio
    Well done and congrats:)! Looking forward to your review after your first use.
    DexterDay and ScotO like this.
  8. Jack Fate

Jack Fate Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northwest Ohio

I don't know about yours but my 192T stops very fast when you release the trigger. No other saw I've ran stopped this quick

Figured it was do to it being an in tree saw?

Happy Limbing

Attached Files:

9. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Not sure, Jack. I've never worked on one of these at all (my KM55RC powerhead acts that way with the polesaw attachment, too......). I'm anxious to get up in a top this spring. I'll have my new Petzl rope ascenders, new climbing rope and a super lightweight saw. I won't know how to act!!
  10. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Mine stops fast too.. But I attribute it to being a single stud bar? I keep both the chain and nut pretty tight.

ScotO likes this.
  11. ScotO

ScotO Guest

I think you are right. that's a good point.
  12. Boog

Boog Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NE Ohio
    Way to go Scotty! Does it have a 12 or 14" .043 picco bar/chain? Probably does, and since you've got 3 extra chains with it, its not the right time to switch. I needed a new bar/chains for mine and recently changed my 191T over to 16" .050 picco bar/chain and really like it.
  13. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Boog, I'm not sure which one it has on it. I put .050 low pro Picco chains on my 015's (they originally had 1/4-.050 bar/chain combos on them) and I am impressed .....I'll be anxious to see what this saw has on it.
  14. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

If it is indeed the .043 setup (as 99% of them are), I'd keep it unless you really hate it.

The 192T is built to handle. It's exceptionally lightweight, even for a climbing saw. But it's not really a powerhouse either. I love Stihl's .050 Picco chain as much as the rest of you but the .043 really shines on these itsy bitsy engines. Plus the chains are dirt cheap.
  15. Boog

Boog Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NE Ohio
    I'm not sure what a 192T engine displacement equals, but my 191T is 46.5 cc, with big short stroking 46mm pistons. Again, I'm not sure exactly what bHP balues are for these engines, but displacement wise they're on par with an 025/250, although I'm sure less "powerful".
  16. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

They are only 30cc. Very different animal. Your 191T was trying to be a little brother to the MS200T. The 192T doesn't attempt that and goes for pure handling/lightweight. You could fully expect a 200T to run a 16" bar buried with authority. The 192T is more of a pruner.
  17. Boog

Boog Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NE Ohio
    Wow, the 192T only 30cc huh, I never realized that............... I'm definitly keeping that little 191T 46.5 cc powerhouse now! That saw is really tough to pull/start compression wise.............. little wonder that it broke a connecting rod................. an "unheard of thing" in Stihl land. I don't ever cut anything close to 16" with it, you know me................. I've got other toys!
    DexterDay likes this.
  18. Jack Fate

Jack Fate Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northwest Ohio
    I've run both bar & chains setups your speaking of ,Actually bought the Heavier bar & chain & ran it till I had oiler problems.After fixing oiler I but the original combo on ( for the first time ) I agree with MM the oem setup works better. You see I wanted the durability of the Heavier setup.
    The 200T comes with the heaver bar as oem
    Cheers
  19. Bocefus78

Bocefus78 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Just Outside Indy
    Scotty,

You will love that thing! One handed operation if ever needed, and light as a feather. I run a 12" bar on mine so I can swap everything between it and the pole pruner. As much tree work as you do, I cant believe you are just now getting into the top handle world!
    ScotO likes this.
  20. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Ive had the old 015's for years (both the top-handled predecessors on the old 019T and 020T), but this 192 will be a hoot to run......half the weight of the 015.......