MS261 technology

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda hoping that it finds it's way onto the MS661.

Sorry, that won't happen. 661 is already being tested in Europe and it is basically a larger version of the 441. It will be M-tronic, spring loaded, SS muffler, etc., but no FI. Some debate if it has quad ports, like the 461 (and ye olde 361). Here is a photo of the 661 from a friend in Germany, who says it has been seen at trade shows there and will be available there in October:

ms - 661.jpg

Friend of mine just bought a '76 Suzuki GT750, 750cc 2 stroke triple ::-), oil injected.

Oooooh, a smokey water cooled 3 cylinder. I had a riding buddy with one of those. I bought one of the first year replacements for that bike, a new '77 Suzuki GS750. I put a Vetter Windjammer on it and I rode hard and fast off all over the western US. A 4 banger 4 stroke. No need to add oil to the gas. :cool:

I really like my new 261, power to weight with the 18" bar is more than I hoped for, easy to service, the air filter and compartment seem to never get dirty (keep it touched up sharp all the time and it makes no dust) I left the house to go purchase a new 550 (I am a Husky fan) and came home with the 261 and I have NO regrets, the saw even has an awesome sound to it at an idle, seems to get a little stronger once you get into your 2nd to 3rd cord of wood.
She rips right through all hard woods really well for a 50cc class saw, right up to 18" My favorite thing is the weight to power though, I can run it for 4-6 hrs in a day and still feel like running it again the next day. Glad now that I spent the extra on a pro series saw. :)

Todd

She rips right through all hard woods really well for a 50cc class saw, right up to 18" My favorite thing is the weight to power though, I can run it for 4-6 hrs in a day and still feel like running it again the next day. Glad now that I spent the extra on a pro series saw. :)

Bingo! As I get older, I like my pro 50cc saw more and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.