MSRP for Hampton HI300 insert???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CliffG368

Oct 30, 2015
Maryland
Looking to have a wood stove insert installed before things really start cooling down here on the East Coast, and have decided on getting the Hampton HI300 in timberline brown enamel. (http://www.regency-fire.com/Product...-Iron-Stoves,-Fireplaces---Inserts/HI300.aspx) The chimney company looking to do the install has quoted me a price of $3735 for the unit (w/ oversize faceplate; free blower under current Fall Promotion), and $1500 for the install (35 ft. of SS liner, smooth wall M-Flex; top plate and flue connector). I also requested a block off plate to be installed at the damper, and they said they'd do it for an extra $65. My main question is this: Does anyone have any info on the actual MSRP of a Hampton HI300 unit? The only thing I've come across online is a 2012 Hampton brochure which lists the insert (timberline brown enamel) as having a MSRP of $2425, w/ the MSRP on the oversize faceplate being $665. (http://tristatechimney.com/pdf/Hampton USA Retail (May-31-2012).pdf) That's a total MSRP of $3090. That's a $645 difference in my quoted price ($3735) and what the MSRP was listed as being only three years ago. Sounds a bit unbelievable that the price would rise that much in just three years, but who knows. So, again, does anyone have any insight into the actual MSRP of the Hampton HI 300 unit as of 2015? Thanks in advance!

I don't know msrp but I paid $4,500 installed. I pretty much have the same setup you have maybe a little shorter chimney. I got mine when it had a $400 dollar rebate during the summer

I don't know msrp but I paid $4,500 installed
Thanks for the info. Did you get the Timberline Brown Enamel as well? Does the insert meet your expectations? Trying to decide now between the Hampton or an Enviro Boston 1700 enamel. http://enviro.com/products/catalogue/product/?prod=1700C-FPI

I did get the timberland brown finish. I love the unit is is so beautiful definently a great center piece.
It gives off a lot of warm and is very nice in the cool room I intalled it in. I am having an issue with my wood burning to fast. I am only getting about 2-2.5 hours of actual burn out of a load. The place I had install the unit told me to play around with it more and if I can't get at least 5 hours of active burn time out of it to call them. They will come out and figure out what is going on. I have been reading a lot on this forum and found lots of people getting long burns out of the hi300 so I think it is something that I am doing. Just figured I would give you the whole story. I have not been able to play with the insert but like 6-7 time and not for 2 weeks been too warm here. I am going to play with it tonight and all this week. So I will get back to you if I get a longer burn time out of it. I picked the hamton because of how it looks and the cast iron. Or should i say my wife picked it for the look and I liked it for the cast iron. Over all I love it. I have a 3,000 square foot house. When it was in the mid 30's I had the entire first floor up to 85 degrees and upstairs in around 68. This was without the heat off the my homes system fan running to curculate. I have a heat pump so I wanted to offset the cost when it gets cooler. I think it will definently help out with heating cost when it is cold. I will touch back later this week after I have messed around with it more. Supposed to be in the 30's all week here at night.

I also have the stove but black. 5 he burn time max. Box is small but I had little experience when I bought it but overall it works great looks good and hasn't had a single problem after about twenty cords in it so far

Your quoted prices for everything seem very fair and reasonable

Thanks for the insight to all. I'm waiting on an estimate on the Enviro Boston 1700, and then I'll have to decide whether to go w/ the Hampton or not.

I think i only paid like $3500 for my hampton installed with liner. Of course that was 10 years ago.

Good luck. I don't know the Boston brand. When I was doing my research I saw what was avaible in my area from dealers and made my decision based on that. You have to know what you want to do with it. The hampton has a heating range up to 2400 square feet I think they say. I saw the Boston you are looking at is 3,000 square feet. When my wife and I were looking we took that into account. We have a 3,000 square foot 2 story home. We were looking at quadrafire, regency, and hapton. What ever we picked had to be elegant and a good center piece for our large recessed family room which is over looked by the kitchen as well as the entry way. We decided to go with the Hampton because we realised that we probably wouldn't be able to heat the entire 3,000 square feet house because the 2 stories and the closed rooms. We sacrificed the heating capacity for looks knowing that even if we got the larger one it would probably heat the same amount of area. Again good luck you are looking at 2 great looking inserts

Status
Not open for further replies.