MT Venon AE Flame Height

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmlarson

Dec 17, 2007
Central, PA
Installed my Mt Vernon AE this past weekend. Anyone tell me why the flame height is strong some times then it barely leaves the burn pot at other times. Burning Premium Hardwood Pellets on hardwood pellet setting. Temp set at 68 deg. any help is apperciated.

I'm new to pellet stoves, too, having just installed mine last Friday. On level 1 and 2 my stove seems to flare up and then die almost out, also, but it seems to have a more consistant flame on levels 3, 4 and 5. I think it is tied to the pellet supply in the burn pot. When I have it set on level one - the lowest - the auger doesn't feed the pellets very fast and since the pellets range from 1/4" long to 1" long, if the auger drops a 1" long pellet into the burn pot, the flame builds up more than if the pellet is only 1/4" long. My manual says I may not be able to leave the stove on level one because it may go out. It also says the size of the pellets will change the volume of fuel being fed. I moved it to level 2 last night to be sure it didn't go out during the night.

I have my flame height setting on +4 right now and it actually looks like a good flame. seems like a high feed rate though. I figured out that i do burn less pellets on Utility setting rather than Hard Wood setting.

My flame height does not stay the same. I run mine on auto all the time and my flame height adjuster is set at 0. I think the way I set up mine, the circuit board is doing all the work and so it drops various amounts of fuel to render consistent heat flow .. then when it gets close to the desired temp the stove kicks into low so as to not have to restart 15 minutes later.

Status
Not open for further replies.