Mt Vernon AE auger jam fix

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGISLANDHIKERS

Feeling the Heat
Sep 12, 2007
I was getting a frequent auger jam error. It ended up being the optical switch. This switch straddles a round disk with holes and verifies that the auger is turning.
The auger is held by a single screw. After unplugging the auger it was easy to remove.

Make sure the switch is clean. Blowing out the dust bunnies may not be enough. My switch had a greasy black film on both sides that needed to be cleaned off. The switch is removed by removing the mount bracket held on by two screws.
Also, check that the round disk is centered between the two sides of the switch. On mine, the mount that holds the switch was bent. I adjusted by hand.

Been working for a week without error. Hope this helps someone.

BIH

Thanks for the post. How old is your stove? This is the second time I'm reading someone had to do this. Maybe a good yearly maintenance item.

Status
Not open for further replies.