Mt. Vernon AE Auger Jam

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Martin

Oct 27, 2013
Chappaqua, NY
I've got a weird problem. My Mt. Vernon AE works fine for a week or two and then I get the auger jam message. If I take the auger out and clear the hopper, the stove then works again for a couple of weeks before the auger jam happens again. My pellets are fine (I have a Castille that eats the same pellets and never gives me any issues). I can't believe I accumulate that many fines in a couple of weeks.

This last time I got it to start by reseting it (unplugging it) a couple of times, but I'm just wondering why I get the message so frequently. I've had the stove for 3 years now and this problem has just developed in the last couple of months.

One more thing. The problem seems to happen after the stove has been off for awhile and is turned back on after not running for at least a day. When I come back from being gone, and turn on the stove, it works for an hour or so, but then the jams seem to happen. Once I get the thing running again after the first jam message, it seems to stay running, even after the autoclean cycle. So, I don't think I need to replace the auger, and the optical sensor must be OK if it works after the 2nd or 3rd reset, right?

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.