Mt Vernon AE opinion

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimjames

Jul 15, 2008
penn
Im ordering a Mt Vernon free standing stove and would be happy with any input. In the review section there seems to be quality issues but most of the posts are older. Would you buy this stove again for the top dollar price?

I bought the Mount Vernon AE insert. Waiting for delivery end of August. It seemed like most of the problems were fixed in the Spring of this year -- I'm hoping. I was considering the Harman Accentra, but there are none available. I think if there are no issues with the Mount Vernon, I will be much happer than with the Harman... but that's a big "if".

I just made the plunge and purchased a Mt Vernon AE. But after reading the replies I am a bit nervous that I might have made the wrong decision.

My choice was between a Mt Vernon AE and a Harman P68. Did I make the wrong decision because the harman is in stock as is the Quad.

Please respond with your feelings on this.

I just purchased my Mt Vernon and installed it this June. It was manufactured in March of 08 and allthough I have not really used it I have "test fired" it several times for friends of mine that may be interested in a pellet stove and so far it has performed flawlessly. The insert is located in my cathederal family room and even with the blower on high I can still have a conversation or hear the television. I can also stand some 30 feet away in the kitchen and fell the heat pertruding from the family room. The real test will come this winter but it will be a great feeling to watch the oil truck pass by our home.

If money is no object, I would go with the P68. Based on just reading this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.