Mt Vernon AE Pellet Insert is SILENT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jtp10181

Minister of Fire
Feb 26, 2007
Marshall, WI
OK I know there was a lot of bad press about these things but wow was I impressed with this guys after we fixed it up. Original call was because his combustion blower was rattling. Quad flat out told me to just replace it, no questions asked. The trip was almost to the next state so I put it off a little. Then the guy calls and he got some water leaking in someplace and into his hopper (self installed). Now the auger is jammed and wont move. I figured, no big deal just unmount it and jiggle it a little. Wow was I wrong, we had to take the whole thing out and set it in his living room. Had to strip that thing way down so we could get into the auger tube from the bottom. Whole thing was full of nasty black wet pellets and corn (black from mold maybe?). Hopper had some wet moldy pellets tucked away in it also. Man was this thing rusty from all the moisture. Anyway... after putting it all back together (with no extra parts might I add), I installed the new combustion blower. We got it back in its hole and hooked it up. I called for heat and sat while the auto-clean did its thing. Then the stat said "startup" but I did not hear a sound. As I got closer to listen for the auger I saw the combustion blower head spinning, only thing was I could not hear it AT ALL. After futzing with the stat and putting pellets in etc... we finally got the thing to start a fire. Ran it for a while until the flame stabilized and the convection blower kicked on. I sat in amazement, totally silent. I had it running on Heat Output 5 (highest), Flame Height 0, and Premium Pellet setting. The ONLY thing you could hear was the noise of the fire, and a little bit of air movement noise from the convection blower. AMAZING. Simply amazing....

If anyone is looking for a quiet pellet unit this thing is worth a check out. Now if I can just get our showroom model to run that silent we can sell some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.