Mt Vernon AE Ready will not light

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmparret

Mar 14, 2012
Southern Maine
Here is a new pellet stove owner problem that I encountered. I does make me feel pretty stupid but I can take it.

The wall controller has a "Set At" temperature (upper right of display) that is controlled by the normal up down buttons on the right of the wall controller. On working the system the down button was pushed to reduce the set at temperature until the comfort level was below a comfortable temerature and the pellet stove would not start or continue to run.

If the "Ready" on the top is displayed and your stove will not start check the "Set At" temperature and adjust with the buttons on the right of the display.

Joe

The wall controller is very touchy. What happened to me was pretty simple. In the Wall Control users manual page 3 it discusses how to set HOLD TEMP which what got changed on my unit. The hold temp got changed to resume on my wall controller. To set the HOLD TEMP press the bottom right hand button. If RESUME is listed on the bottom right the system is in HOLD TEMP. If the bottom right has HOLD TEMP listed the temperature will reset at the next time interval.

If you run your system on manual HOLD TEMP is important and the setting you want. "Set At" changes to "Hold At" when HOLD TEMP is set. The pellet stove will shut off if the resume temperature is below your operating temperature. The factory sets this temp at 68.

I can see how this can happen without you realizing something has changed.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.