Mt Vernon AE second cleaning this season. ***pics***

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359241127.318433.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1359241139.119786.jpg
I broke down and did the second vacuuming and removing the rear baffle if the season. Yes there us a huge difference in flame quality.

Eric

How many bags we looking at?

I guess I'm confused. Are you trying to see how long it will go before it fails or something?

Reactions: kinsmanstoves
I guess I'm confused. Are you trying to see how long it will go before it fails or something?

haha! have you seen the "battle of the neglected stoves" thread yet?

i forget how it's titled or i would link.

Reactions: kinsmanstoves
I remove the baffle for cleaning biweekly and everything else weekly. Good to know it will function looking like that.

Looking good Eric... :) Just how a Quad is supposed to be ran ;)

it aint dirty till the pot looks like a Volcano

Drive it like you stole it. Cleaning does help but until there are error codes don't baby it.

I like to show that you do not need to clean it every other day. Yes it helps but you can stretch it.

I like to show that you do not need to clean it every other day. Yes it helps but you can stretch it.
Good thing you did, i'm impressed it could go that long. The dealer made such a fuss about cleaning the exhaust vents behind the battle, I started near worshiping the things when it came to cleaning them...==c

Has anyone tried this with a Harman?

Has anyone tried this with a Harman?
I only went about 2 weeks once with my harman. If I were to guess somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 to 20 bags. The fire was pretty much non visible. And lots of clinkers to scrape off the burnpot. I recall thinking that it saved me no time because of the amount of ash and clinkers I had to deal with. I usually kept a weekly cleaning after that.

I clean once a week. I burn a ton in 3weeks. I really wouldn't be missing too many cleanings to go through a ton. Maybe ill give it a shot.

So john, since your new found heat better then the XXV? or no?
Overall yes. Had a little hiccup with the autoclean, but this thing burns hotter than my XXV. And when the house is warm, the females stay quiet and happy. And that's what it's all about.

Overall yes. Had a little hiccup with the autoclean, but this thing burns hotter than my XXV. And when the house is warm, the females stay quiet and happy. And that's what it's all about.
Overall how does the noise compare?

By far quieter than the XXV. I could hear the combustion and distribution blower on the XXV, as well as the auger. I only hear my distributor blower on the Quad. Though to be fair, i'm sure there is some sound dampening going on with an insert as opposed to a free standing unit.

Wacky kids

how the hell do i know? does it look like i built the damn thing? LOL
im embarrassed to say i never looked guess that idea is out. back to engineering 101
Haha. I was just getting the popcorn ready to watch this. Wondering how you were going to handle the cast iron. Ohh well, back to my lazy Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.