Mt Vernon AE second cleaning this season. ***pics***

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI on Friday, 2-22-13 I cleaned my stove again. I have not touched it since I wrote this post. The reason I did was because I had to install a new igniter, it died. This is to all of you OCD people that have to clean your stove every other day, STOP!

Eric

Reactions: seige101
FYI on Friday, 2-22-13 I cleaned my stove again. I have not touched it since I wrote this post. The reason I did was because I had to install a new igniter, it died. This is to all of you OCD people that have to clean your stove every other day, STOP!

Eric
Just out of curiosity, how long did your igniter last? And did you install the new 300 watt igniter?

Eric

Almost 2 full seasons.. Not bad. That stove probably cycles a lot more than a standard Quad also. I changed mine after 3 seasons and have 2 spares waiting...

As for the cleaning. I am at 2 times on the Quad and Zero on the Fahrenheit (ash pan only). Neither vent has been touched.
Burning good and looking good :cool: Cant hardly see through the glass, but I can see a glow ;)

Has anyone tried this with a Harman?

At this time of year, my P68 goes 3-4 weeks running 24/7 before I do a firebox vac. That does not include venting or ashpan, that is done at about 1 ton.

My G/F has an XXV that goes 2-3 weeks without issue. Only issue she would have is the smaller ash pan filling up if using lesser quality pellets.

Let it burn !

At this time of year, my P68 goes 3-4 weeks running 24/7 before I do a firebox vac. That does not include venting or ashpan, that is done at about 1 ton.

My G/F has an XXV that goes 2-3 weeks without issue. Only issue she would have is the smaller ash pan filling up if using lesser quality pellets.

Let it burn !
Thanks for the info. Just for chits and grins I recently let my XXV go 1 week without scraping the burn bot. No issues. During that time I also tested a two week run without a firebox evac. Looks like I could go three possible four on my current pellet. Any more than that and I think the XXV ash pan would get buried and the combustion motor would be working overtime expelling ash onto the neighbors house.

Just out of curiosity, how long did your igniter last? And did you install the new 300 watt igniter?

Three years and I used srv7000-462. I was on the shelf.

Almost 2 full seasons.. Not bad. That stove probably cycles a lot more than a standard Quad also. I changed mine after 3 seasons and have 2 spares waiting...

As for the cleaning. I am at 2 times on the Quad and Zero on the Fahrenheit (ash pan only). Neither vent has been touched.
Burning good and looking good :cool: Cant hardly see through the glass, but I can see a glow ;)

I had this stove for two seasons and It was run for a year by another dealer in his house for a year prior to me getting it.

Eric

Three years and I used srv7000-462. I was on the shelf.
So according to quad that is the older 380 watt unit. Do you see any issues in using this on the newer quads with the redesigned burnpot? - thanks

fires up every time. I abuse the heck out my stoves.

Eric

Wish I could get an ignitor to last more than 2 years.The last one that sh## the bed burned out the ac in plug on the board.I replaced the board,now I'm trying to get the burned one fixed for a spare.

Wish I could get an ignitor to last more than 2 years.The last one that sh## the bed burned out the ac in plug on the board.I replaced the board,now I'm trying to get the burned one fixed for a spare.

Can you fix them? I thought once they were burned out that was it.

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
Can you fix them? I thought once they were burned out that was it.

The igniter no, but the burned part of the control board depends on what was burned out and how bad it was burned. Part level repair isn't usually attempted because the labor cost to repair exceed the wholesale cost of a replacement board.

A microprocessor based control board can be had for under $50.00 in quantity, in fact entire microcomputer systems used to sell retail for $50.00 with enough power to run a pellet stove.

I had this stove for two seasons and It was run for a year by another dealer in his house for a year prior to me getting it.

Eric

I thought this was a new unit when you installed it. My mistake.

Abuse away. You have shown me the light. It is you, oh great one, that has given me so much time! LOL. Seriously. After hearing, then seeing firsthand what a Heatilator can do. I decided to relax a bit (o.k.. A Lot).

The glass on my Quad is a disgrace. There is a spot, front and center (top) that you can kinda see in. My house is still warm, the output temps are not that much different than when clean. Emptied Quad ash pan once and Fahrenheit twice. Only brushed the tubes of the Quad twice and i intend on letting the furnace go all yr.

Another beer please ;)

Imacman where the the thread for that old stove battle! I wanted to look at the pics again!
Don't know where that thread is (I think Eric paid off the mods to delete the thread.....LOL), but I can send you some pics by PM if you want.

Eric

Do you have to scrap the fire pot every once in awhile or not?

The part that burned on the board was,the(ribbon) that connects the AC in plug and the ignitor plug.That was on a brand new board,all because of a bad ignitor.

If it just burned the trace off the board, that's an easy fix!

I take the baffle out once a month and clean the burn pot out every other day, because it gets carbon buildup and it's hard to get out. I'm using turmans and I run it hot. My first igniter lasted 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.