Mt Vernon AE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be my 3rd year with an AE. Overall it is a good stove. I have recieved all the updates and they have made a big difference. Make sure your stove has all the updates!!!

The biggest issue I have with the stove is the autoclean. Running on high, the stove shuts down about every two hours. If your ignitor burns out it will not restart. This is fine if you are home and can restart manually. However, if you are gone you will come home to a cold house. I am on my 4th ignitor. So far they have been covered under warranty, the the next one I will be buying myself.

Don't bother with the extras and get it in black. It will save you $$ and after a few weeks of burning you will be just as happy with it.

BIH

Status
Not open for further replies.