Mt Vernon - am I making the right decision

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kssunflower

Oct 28, 2011
Kansas
After much research, I think we have finally made a decision for an insert. We have a split level home with 1300 sq feet on the main level and 1000 sq feet on the second floor. (and a 600' unfinished basement) The home has a two central air units and only has radiant ceiling heat - which is expensive, inefficient, and to be honest, not very comfortable. So, I have found a 1 yr old Mt Vernon AE which I want to install in our great room on the main level. That room is also open to the stairs for the upper floor. I just want some feedback to make sure this sounds workable. The stove is $3,000. It's a lot of money and I want to be sure it's a sound investment. Thanks for any help or tips you can provide.

Another vote for way to much money unless it is coming from a dealer and includes the install and a warranty. Even then its still expensive depending on the install.

The Mt. Vernon AE will do it for you, but I gotta agree, it is a little steep. Maybe you wanna try pricing a new one and get the full warranty with it at that price, along with the federal rebates. Also could look at the Harmans and Enviro stoves.

Status
Not open for further replies.