Mt Vernon Auger Jams

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

robsmt

Oct 27, 2009
Lehigh Valley PA
I'm in my second year burning a Quad Mt Vernon insert. I have had several "auger jammed" errors so far this year. Prior to this (last year) I had none. I usually end up emptying most of the hopper so that I can fit my fingers into the pellet chute to churn things around, unplug it, replug it in and away I go again. Anyone have any insight on what the issue may be here?

Thanks

Hi Rob, I am nearby you in Kutztown, I too am in my second year with my Mt. Vernon AE, but mine is not an insert. I have never had any problems with auger jams. Are you burning pellets or corn? If burning corn, are you cleaning it properly or could there be stalk pieces in it? Where did you purchase it, I would contact them and ask, it is still under warranty if there is a problem.

I had this problem before I got the latest control board and wall control. Do you know which control board you have on the stove?

TSmith - I do not burn corn. Pellets only. I purchased at KC Stoves in Alburtis.

Joe - The control board and wall thermostat were upgraded when installed, so this shouldn't be the issue.

Thanks for the posts guys.

It has been awhile but if I remember correctly, auger jam error codes can be related to the vac switch too.

Have you had a chance to talk to your dealer?

So the new board was put in mid 2008 sometime? That should be the newest.

Are you sure it is actually jamming?

New board put in April 2008. I spoke with the dealer, but they didn't have much to say. Said they were going to call Quad directly to see if they could provide any insight. I'll see what they come back with.

Status
Not open for further replies.