Mt Vernon combustion gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

john193

Minister of Fire
Jan 11, 2010
Southeast PA
Well my gasket officially broke apart as I took of the combustion fan for cleaning. Is this covered under warranty? Anyway, quad sells a silicone gasket. Has anyone here used it? Is it better, longer lasting? Alternatively, has anyone tried making one? I can get a square foot of the same material for 15 or the gasket from quad for 38.

Thanks

combustion or convection?

They sell a silicone gasket for a combustion blower? Id be surprised Id like to see it if you have a link for it somewhere.

No its not covered under warranty its meant to be replaced as part of servicing.

I replaced the original with the rubber upgrade 5 years ago. still looks new.

I replaced the original with the rubber upgrade 5 years ago. still looks new.
Thanks. It's a total joke that quad puts the fiberglass gasket on these things, but we are a consumer driven economy...

Reactions: smoke show
Status
Not open for further replies.