Mt Vernon conv blower stays running

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EJRICH

May 22, 2008
North Central Ma
Has anyone had any problems with the convection blower running after stove has shutdown?
Last night the stove kicked on and I turned it off and left it. This morning when I woke up I noticed the fan was still running and blowing out cool air.

I pulled the plug and plugged it back in. Thought this might stop it but the fan continues to run.
The stove was purchased in 2008.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Eric

Theres a ring terminal thermistor on the back of the heat exchanger that controls conv blower speed.

I wouldn't think thats gonna be your problem.

I think I would expect the worst.

Please keep us posted to your findings.

Could possibly be a bad drop tube thermocoupler or at the worst a bad mother board. I'm not sure if a bad thermocoupler would fail in a manner that it would be sensing heat when there is none thus causing the blower to run. I would think it would not see any heat and cause the fan to not run, but it was just a thought. Hopefully not your mother board. If you go to the iburncorn.com forum under the Quadrefire link and ask this question there is a gentleman by the name of KAP who is a Quad tech that will be able to help you figure it out.

the dp thermocouple is what I was referring to, I'm pretty sure the control board sends power to that.

which would lead me to believe its not the problem.

good luck...

I have had a couple of the TC's go and they did just that. Only way to really know is to remove the TC and test it.

after re-reading my trouble shooting manual the d/t t/c could be the issue.

I stand corrected.

smoke show said:
after re-reading my trouble shooting manual the d/t t/c could be the issue.

I stand corrected.
I've seen these AE's do things that aren't even listed in the owner's manual. Who know what problems can crop up in the future! lol

Should have a error code, DT TC problem.

"should" is the key word there. I have seen feed motor's, thermocouples and convection blowers go bad and not throw any codes.

Thanks for all your replies.
Gives me somewhere to start looking.
Now I need to just find the time to do it.

Thanks again.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.