Mt. Vernon door gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tsmith

Minister of Fire
Sep 13, 2009
Kutztown, PA
So I just got done replacing the door and ash pan gaskets on my 2009 Quadrafire Mt. Vernon AE. When I removed the old gaskets, there was absolutely no high temp sealant on it or in the channels at all. Is this the norm for these stoves, or did mine slip through quality control?

Last edited:
The gasket itself should seal those areas so high temp sealant is not used. Adhesive /cement keeps the gaskets in place.

Some stoves doors have a healthy channel and only need a spot or two of adhesive to keep the ends together and maybe in the corners.

Thanks, for the replies, I did install the new ones the same way without the adhesive, I was just curious.

Original design was no adhesive. If it does not stay in we just put a spot of sealer where needed to keep it in.

Reactions: kappel15
Status
Not open for further replies.