Mt. Vernon E2 insert R-value question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NVHunter

Feeling the Heat
Nov 3, 2013
Reno, NV
I'm going to rip out my Heat-n-Glo natural gas fireplace (which was installed for ambiance as its a track home and it does nothing for actual heating of the home.)

I want to install the Mt. Vernon E2 pellet insert as a "built in" unit which the manual states it ok.

Question is, what's required under the insert? Just non-combistible material like the manual states or is there a necessary R value to meet?

Was think of putting down two 1/2" sheets or Durock anyway.

Thanks

Thank you. That's what I thought as the manual would state if it was different. That makes it easier for sure.

I agree with kap. I looked at the manual real quick and it looks like no R value requirement. Having recently installed a classic bay, the manual clearly calls out an R value for the floor so I would expect something similar if it was required for the e2.

Reactions: NVHunter
Status
Not open for further replies.