Mt. Vernon E2 remote control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EdB

Oct 3, 2016
Ore
newly purchased Mt Vernon E2 insert has a hand held remote due to the installer stating the wall mount can not be any further away from insert than 10 ft that would mean being in the same area of main heat - but I want the heat to regulate down the hall so they handed me a remote - now for all the forums I've read no one has mentioned using a remote. So my question is why does it turn off the heat source ( insert) when no activity for 6 hours, I now wake with no heat and deal with restarting. Should I install the wall mount thermostat - will it override( keep the fire going)? during the wee hours so I can sleep and wake to warmth.

I would chuck the remote, and get a thermostat. Lot less headaches. And yes, it will work just like a furnace thermostat, turning stove on and off. kap

I would chuck the remote, and get a thermostat. Lot less headaches. And yes, it will work just like a furnace thermostat, turning stove on and off. kap

Thank you for the response- I'll have the thermostat installed , just hate more wires .

Thank you for the response- I'll have the thermostat installed , just hate more wires .
Installed and done ... with a remote, batteries and recall folks having problems with communication between stove and remote.

Quadra Fire: holding off on having the wall thermostate installed - set the hand remote leave it and only change it at night (reduce the heat out put) - still haven't figured out the amount of pellets the hopper holds since I've not allowed it to go empty more than once - which when filling it didn't come close to taking a full 40 lb bag- yet it's listed to hold 57 lbs. that's not happening .
I had seen prior that there was a post on the glass having smoke halo - was wondering if an answer was given - why it happens , if there is a fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.