Mt vernon e2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdubs20

Nov 2, 2014
Northern NY
I know they have had their issues the last year. My question is, anyone that has an e2 would you buy them again? Did they fix the problems with them yet?

With season about over, It could take a while to get more replies. kap

Last edited:
I would certainly buy a E 2 again, as for the reduction of heat I didn't see that with my new board

Jeff

Reactions: kappel15
I would certainly buy a E 2 again, as for the reduction of heat I didn't see that with my new board

Jeff

Same here--great stove.

Reactions: kappel15
Hi rdubs- we have about 92 in the field, have changed out around 55 of the boards, all seem to run and operate as before, altho I will note startup seems quicker and our E2 now looks more like the AE (Its sister stove) with regard to how it looks when burning, same flame height and flame pattern. With older board, had a little more full flame (prob caused by a little less air flow... the new board is supposed to provide more air flow through the stove.) I'd say the fix is working fine so far, stove still heckuva heater...

Jeff
I measured surface temp coming out of my E2 before mother board install and after with an infrared thermometer. Before I had roughly 320 coming out of vent and after had only 240 on level three. While it is burning much cleaner it is certainly no where near the temp it was producing. I used my E2 as my primary heating source this past winter, but feel that I may have to burn more propane next winter. Other than that, love the stove, super quiet and easy to clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.